darksmaster923

Re: Conversations without voice actors?

Post by darksmaster923 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:44 am

maybe you shuld be a gaem designer. you know what i mean
Herp derp.

MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:14 am

I understand you darkmaster, and I do hope to make it into the industry someday. Ideally I would have my own independent game company, but working for any game company would be great. I hope what I am able to make/learn from RF(and future release RF2) along with my game project I can propel myself right into the industry. But alas, I am a computer science major in college with sparse free time, so eventually I hope my hobby can make my career. Thats why I added RF2 along with RF because what I want to make in my game would never be able to run in RF and it will take me many more years before I will be able to finish my project. I would have gone to college for game design but I wanted a career to fall back on if I couldn't make it. So yes, I am working to become a professional game designer.
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.

vrageprogrammer

Post by vrageprogrammer » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:54 am

Use a Text to speech software.
Should rock.
It was not Possible to determine the dimensions of the image....

MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:42 am

vrageprogrammer wrote:Use a Text to speech software.
Should rock.

That may work, however, technology still doesn't enable a computer to speak fluid English(or any language). The voices might come out sounding robotic at times. I would still suggest trying it, but beware as it might have undesired effects.
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.