My First Game Project: Metal Force

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
metal_head

My First Game Project: Metal Force

Post by metal_head » Sat May 31, 2008 10:05 am

I'm working on this game seven months now,I've never made anything like it befre,so it's my first time making a game.I've hired samo people to do tha music and help with the textures,but I don't have a 3D modeler,so the main character is still the good old Virgil.act.
And now to the game:
It's a first person shooter,but on some levels the camera is in 3rd person view,I havent exactly finished the story yet,but me and a frientd are working on it.
The game is called "Metal Force",Metal Force are a team,who fights and steals so that they an help the earth people.They have a spaceship,but in the beginnig of the game angry aliens attack it.You get to be one of the members of the team-Jade Metal,he is the son of the commander of Metal Force and he andhis friends - Jena and Smash will try to get off the ship before it's too late.But Jade gets angry and desides not to run for his life,but to go to the command center,kill some aliens and than,run for his life.While your friends are escaping,y are trying to reach the command center,but it wont be easy,almost all the doors are broken or locked,so you'll find a way arround.When you reach the command center's door it will be too late,the shp will already be so broken that the ground will collapse under your feet and you'll start falling.Th camera now is in 3rd person mode and you will have to fall through the sky avoiding the wreked parts from your ship,which are flying arround.Than when you know that you will die,you fall on an enemy spaceship,the camera is in 1st perston ode again and big scary aliens are getting out fm the ship to kill younOne is sure, YOU ARE GONNA DIE,but your friends call and tel you that they will pick you with their miniship,but you'll have to make it to under the ship where there is smething like a mini airport.After they pick you the miniship s being shot down,so you crash in "Metal City",no one is hurt and because the mission before the mothershp was gnned down was to land in Meal City your team stats work immediately.I the city you are in 3rd persn view like GTA and you walk arround,meet your teammates and they give you missions which unlike gta you dont complete in Metal City,there are different levels that you go to.Once you've compleated a level you get back to Metal City and you can go meet another teammate a complete another mission or you can replay the level that you've just completed!!!

My game i far from done,I have a lot to do and I have many unanswered questions,which if you gyus answer,you'll help me a lot with the game.
I wouldn't have made it so far without you,I'll put some of you in te credits(bernie and QoD are already there) :)

Also I'll be realy happy if youhelp me with theese topics:
Question about zooming:
http://www.realityfactory.info/forum/vi ... f=8&t=3466
Need that kind of textures:
http://www.realityfactory.info/forum/vi ... f=7&t=3474
Putting a minimap of the level you are in:
http://www.realityfactory.info/forum/vi ... f=6&t=3464
Mountable Physics vehicle:
http://www.realityfactory.info/forum/vi ... f=9&t=3447

P.S. Sorry for the writing mistakes,but the internet seems to have some sort of weird bug,I'll fix them as soon as I can
Attachments
city2.JPG
(58.26 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
city1.JPG
(82.58 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
city.JPG
(86.87 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
Last edited by metal_head on Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:16 am, edited 4 times in total.

metal_head

Re: My First Game Project

Post by metal_head » Sat May 31, 2008 10:21 am

Here are some more pictures of the game,I remind you that I'll try to make it look better,I have a ot of work to do,it's my first game and I want it to be cool.Also I forgot to tell you about the different game modes:
Game Mode - Play the regular game with the story
Free Kill Mode - Where you play with Jena and you don't have Health or ammo attributes,but the enemies have,s you can play and kill them without getting killed (it's not like a cheat,you don't play the story of the game it's more like an arena style game)
Skeleton Mode - Oh,yah one of the Metal Force team is actually a Skeleton,in the story he is good,but in skeleton mode you kill people with him,and the camera is in 3rd person view.
Museum Mode - You spawn in a museum without any enemies,there are painting of maps of levels I drew,there are some models from the game,for example skulls etc.,there are the enemies models which stand on circle platforms without doing anything,jus playing the idle animation,so you can take a look of them without getting killed.

Also I still have some weapon to change like the flamethroller,or the disk luncher,and some to add,like a laser gun,which I don't have Idea how to do nd I'll ask in another topic soon.
And here are the pictures:
Attachments
sewer.JPG
(74.54 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
docks1.JPG
(69.09 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
docks.JPG
(74.67 KiB) Downloaded 33 times

Matte

Re: My First Game Project: Metal Force

Post by Matte » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:56 pm

Nice work! I can't wait for your work to get finished!

metal_head

Re: My First Game Project: Metal Force

Post by metal_head » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:36 pm

Thanks a lot,I'm really glad that you like my work and I'm really trying to make my game better and better and I hope you're gonna like it.There's only one problem,The game is on Bulgarian,but I'll translate it for you and another problem,maybe only the demo will be uploaded for free.