Private Military : Blackwaters new recruit

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
Thordendal

Private Military : Blackwaters new recruit

Post by Thordendal » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:51 am

In my game, you are a pmc, (private military contractor,) and you pick up missions from blackwater that take you from iraq, to jobs that even lead you back to the us. Your character is Aaron Hallum, from the movie "The Hunted," you can choose your MoS, on the battlefield, as either recon, assault, sniper, or demolitions, each one gives you specific abilities and different weapons. Doing missions is the way to get money, and the more you do, the more money you have, to which you can upgrade your arsenal, and your characters traits. The first game is going to be strictly online, but you will be able to carry your character over to the multiplayer version of the second one. Upon doing missions, you will earn renown points, which will give you higher rankings, which allows you to purchase certain weapons. Ways to earn renown in the game are to get headshots, finish missions, and complete bonus objectives. There will be a total of 10 repeatable missions in the game, to where you can keep earning and upgrading your character for the second version. I'm going to need to a concept artist, a programmer, level designer, and a few animators / modelers. I will be doing the level design / modeling.

I'm going to want at least 5 or 6 different models for enemies, and around 30 different models for weapons, considering the upgrades that you can do to them. Some weapons include the m468, m249, AUG, Dragunov Sniper Rifle, G36, and a variety of shotguns and pistols. Upgrades to these weapons will improve look, accuracy, and damage.

Upgrades for pistol: Silencer, Extended Clip
Upgrades for Sniper: Silencer (on some,) Stocks, Barrels, Scope, and Extended Clip
Upgrades for Assault Rifles: Trigger, Barrel, Silencer, Extended Clips, and Scopes
Upgrades for Knife: Handle, Blade, and Techniques.

Knife combat in this game will be huge, a master of the knife will be able to take out a whole village using stealth kills, which will increase your renown plenty.

Character upgrades will upgrade in rank, and what weapons and MOS you are in. If you are recon, and you use the knife more often, you will have more of a camoflage, lightweight suit on, as opposed to a heavy machine gunner who packs extra ammunition on his person.

Tell me what you think of the idea.

Alextreme

Re: Private Military : Blackwaters new recruit

Post by Alextreme » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:30 pm

I wish you luck with your project

Trougedoor122

Post by Trougedoor122 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:22 pm

The first game is going to be strictly online, but you will be able to carry your character over to the multiplayer version of the second one.
first thing i have to mention is that RF has no multiplayer at least not yet (wich means you cant make your game an MMO). I recommend making the first game single player (just because of how it is set up) and then evolve to multiplayer then to online.

fps
Location: in a magical land devoid of hope, happiness, and sanity.

Post by fps » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:23 am

This sounds exactly like the back story of my game. Damn universal hivemind. :x
I've been sort of slowly making progress bit by bit and taking way too long. :(
You've also made a few beginners mistakes as far as weapons go (I'm a shooter and these things bug me :roll: ) but otherwise everything seem to be well though out. It's nothing that I don't already have in my notebooks but if you've actually got the time and drive, by all means proceed.
1 wrote:
for the internet is a cruel and dark place at times, and there's sex and blood everywhere.

2 wrote:
You say that like it's a bad thing.

1 wrote:
You are a bad thing.

Sorington

Post by Sorington » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:32 pm

good luck with the project! :)
Greetings, Sorington

Agentarrow

Post by Agentarrow » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:17 am

Trougedoor122 wrote:
The first game is going to be strictly online, but you will be able to carry your character over to the multiplayer version of the second one.
first thing i have to mention is that RF has no multiplayer at least not yet (wich means you cant make your game an MMO). I recommend making the first game single player (just because of how it is set up) and then evolve to multiplayer then to online.
Actually, it can be done, but requires an immense amount of programming. Not recommended for new users.
AgentArrow Home
The greater good is but a point of view...