How would you like this idea?

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
Matte

How would you like this idea?

Post by Matte » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:10 pm

I guess some of you have heard of Left4dead, a game (WIP) by TurtleRock/Valve. I wont talk about this though, but I would like to announce(?) a new game that looks kind of fun to me and easy to make:

There are some indoor levels, and with a shotgun and chainsaw (if possible) you get to kill hordes of incoming zombies, this will result in GORE everywhere!
All groups of creatures would have different stats though, some are just dwelling around, while others are constantly hunting for food. Some are very slow, while some are that fast, you almost can't see them (scary :D).
Wouldn't that be fun? Now, ofcourse, if there are 5 levels of just clicking the left mouse button, it wouldn't be much fun after a while, so I think something else should be added too, like an interesting story, so I might start writing it this weekend, when I can't really create this game, since I'm not at home.

This idea looks cool to me because it is ideal for some fast gameplay, loaded in a few seconds, and it isn't that hard to make.

Destron

Re: How would you like this idea?

Post by Destron » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:13 pm

That would be cool, but are you planning making it multiplayer like Left4Dead is? If so, then I would suggest you change your plans... RF doesn't support MP modes.

Matte

Post by Matte » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:16 pm

Destron wrote:That would be cool, but are you planning making it multiplayer like Left4Dead is? If so, then I would suggest you change your plans... RF doesn't support MP modes.
I know that it doesn't, until RF 0.90, so it will be singleplayer only. Multiplayer wasn't planned until I knew about 0.90, so I might add it in a sequel. :)

Destron

Post by Destron » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:20 pm

Matte wrote:
Destron wrote:That would be cool, but are you planning making it multiplayer like Left4Dead is? If so, then I would suggest you change your plans... RF doesn't support MP modes.
I know that it doesn't, until RF 0.90, so it will be singleplayer only. Multiplayer wasn't planned until I knew about 0.90, so I might add it in a sequel. :)
RF 0.90 is going to incorporate multiplayer? Sweet!
I myself like to create singleplayer games, but it would be great to see what kind of MP games you guys could come up with.

Agentarrow

Post by Agentarrow » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:26 pm

one word
platforming.
Have a fixed camera or have the game in 3rd person for added difficulty and fun. chainsaw wouldn't be hard. you'd need something like the explosion animation but with blood and juutis and others put weapons like swords into their games. it would be a sword with a different model.
shotgun is already incorporated into RF. just give it a new texture.
AgentArrow Home
The greater good is but a point of view...