[CLOSED] Metal Force [CLOSED]

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
SucOcuS

Re: Metal Force

Post by SucOcuS » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:09 pm

Wow dude!, That looks just Great!
TIME WILL PROVE THE DEPTH OF YOUR SOUL, BUT ONLY YOUR ACTIONS WILL SHOW IT'S WORTH
SucOcuS'08

metal_head

Post by metal_head » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:50 pm

Thanks, here's the newest one:

Allanon

Post by Allanon » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:26 am

You screen shots remind me of Dark Forces or Dark Forces II. Don't take that as a negative because I loved both those games. It's just you seem to be using a lot of gray colors and few shadows which makes it look a lot like those games.

Juutis

Post by Juutis » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:22 am

Looking good so far. I especially like the newest picture. You should add some lights to give it a nice atmosphere, though.
Pain is only psychological.

metal_head

Post by metal_head » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:37 pm

Thanks guys, yeah the screens are a little greylysh, I should think about some more colours, but this is the way I see the future spaceships :D In all the other levels, the main color will be different, there'll be rusty levels (a factory for example) sewer levels, there'll be a level where you are in a hotel (god, that would be hard to make, it will require lots of details and colours).
So, in he first level the main colors will be grey and green, and there'll be a lot of caution lines (the ones with the yellow and black stripes).
For the first level, I got inspired from the Halo1 spaceship, there's a lot of gray too, maybe even too much:
but the corridors there look somehow narrow, maybe because of the ceiling, and in halo you got the feeling that you walk in circles, because the ship level has identical parts, which repeat as you go through the level.

For The lights:
Well, I actually add a lots of lights, dunno why it still looks dark (especially the first screen), maybe it's because of the textures, I don't really like darkness if the level is not supposed to be dark, the same problem has the Halo's first level on the spaceship I think. :)

Juutis

Post by Juutis » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:19 pm

I'm not saying it's too dark. I'm saying the lighting is too even. It looks pretty lifeless when there are no shadows whatsoever. Try disabling the default light level when you compile and see how it looks.
Pain is only psychological.

zany_001

Post by zany_001 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:01 am

I agree with Juutis, also maybe if yuo added a bit of bump mapping on the walls, it would look better.
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.

metal_head

Post by metal_head » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:34 pm

well, the bump mapping RF supports it's not quie what I need for a Sci-Fi game, the walls will look shiny and wet, I've never been eble to make something like this in RF:

metal_head

Post by metal_head » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:18 pm

Here's the newest screen from the game, which is taken from the "TestChamger" level (yeah, that's what I like to call it).
It's a screen of a weapon. The weapon model I firstly downloaded from Turbosquid for free, than I edited it, merged a hand model to it, jointed it and made animations. Here's what it looks like, I don't know how to call it, so I'm waiting for suggestions from you :).
in the game the weapons have names like:
neon rifle
acid rifle
quark pistol
heavy bolter
armageddon cannon etc.
one of my friend's suggestions was:
"uper mega death laz0r omega delta hyper imba v 2.3" but gess why I won't take it :lol:

the weapon will be some sort of a pulse gun/ lazer or a shotgun (alien style, dunno what to do with the muzel flashes and projectile effects either yet).

Oh, and about the demo version...there won't be any, it will only slow me down, I hope the game will be ready this summer, so you'll get a chance to play it soon :)
Attachments
alienblaster.jpg
(101.6 KiB) Downloaded 25 times

sankha93

Post by sankha93 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:50 am

Call it the "plasma rifle" or add some adjectives in the front.

Your friend's suggestion "uper mega death laz0r omega delta hyper imba v 2.3" is tool may make the player's temper go high. :lol:

Finish the game soon I can't wait to play it this summer.
sankha93

metal_head

Post by metal_head » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:24 pm

New screens :)

The first ne looks terrible, but I've fixed that place, now it's OK:

ingumak

Post by ingumak » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:24 am

Everything is impressive. Congratulations.

metal_head

Post by metal_head » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:29 pm

Here's the newest screenshot. It's from the second level, I've started this level a very long time ago, but I really started working on it before 2 days.
Attachments
harbor1.jpg
(49.08 KiB) Downloaded 17 times

ingumak

Post by ingumak » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:18 am

It´s nice. I wait for more pics of the level! :D

Alextreme

Post by Alextreme » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:59 am

I love the textures of your game. But, I can´t see lightin, you must down the default light and put light entitis (In my opinion).

Bye