[CLOSED] Metal Force [CLOSED]

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
Alextreme

Re: Metal Force

Post by Alextreme » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:00 pm

No, no, I try to say who your maps haven´t got light efects, you must to put lights. It is my opinion, if you don´t use the lights, the level doesn´t will be very good.

Bye

metal_head

Post by metal_head » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:16 pm

I actually put lots of lights in my levels, it's just not really noticable on the previous pics :)

Sorington

Post by Sorington » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:02 pm

that menu is cool!
Greetings, Sorington

metal_head

Post by metal_head » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:08 am

OK, this is a pack of screens, showing the new scripted things I made for the game
- Visible legs
- Drop-down weapon indicator
- Weapon switch indicator - when there's a weapon on the ground, it appears under your current weapon segment and shows you that the weapon you're holding will get replaced with the one on the ground.
- Scripted hands weapon - left click - left punch, right click - right punch....which is totally useless, but it's cool :D
http://drivingblind.eu/New_screens.rar

EDIT: Note that the hands weapon is an alternative weapon that you select by pressing "Q", not 1,2 and 3 like the other weapons, so that's why the weapon ribbon shows that the pistol weapon is selected, it's not a malfunction or something, soon I'll make the weapon ribbon change completely when you choose your hands, cuz I'm planing to make a whole melee system, you'll be able to pick knifes, debris and stuff like this to fight with

darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:09 pm

metal head, your photoshop skills are amazing. The GUI and the weapon textures are incredible.
Herp derp.

SV2.0

Post by SV2.0 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:57 am

Totally badass, man. Keep it up!

metal_head

Post by metal_head » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:33 pm

Thanks guys!
SV2.0 wrote:Totally badass, man.
Haha, I liked that :D

metal_head

Re: [CLOSED] Metal Force [CLOSED]

Post by metal_head » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:55 pm

Bad news...or mayne great news, dunno. Me and my team decided, that RF is no longer good enough for such big project and our creativity, so we're moving on to Unreal Engine 3. The good thing is that remaking the leves would be a lot easier than making them from scratch, we also keep all of the textures and models we've bought/created so far, so it's not gonna take so much time to develop it from the start again.

So I'm afraid, I'm gonna tell you that MF no longer exists. We're starting again January, 2010-th with Unreal 3.

I'm not leaving you guys, don't be afraid, I'll be still here to annoy you :lol: just MF is no longer developed with RF.

I currently have a mini project in RF, that's going on pretty well and I'll release it arround christmas, I'll write a topic about it. After finnishing it, I'll be waiting for RF2 to come out, meanwhile I'll be hanging arround, asking and answering :)

zany_001

Post by zany_001 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:34 pm

Awww, well RF2 is coming out soon after Jan 2010, couldn't you wait till then and use RF2 for it?
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.

metal_head

Post by metal_head » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:51 pm

Well, I dobut that RF2 is as good as Unreal Engine 3, also I still won't be able to convert my current project from RF1 to RF2, so it doesn't really matter what engine I'll be using, as I'l have to partitially start over. I'll be using RF 1 and 2 for future projects, but Metal Force is going under Unreal Engine 3. I'll post a topic for it in the General Dicussions forum when it's done :)

sankha93

Post by sankha93 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:54 am

So can you post your files that you had developed on the internet and the models in the RF format for the community so that we guys can learn from it and may be use it to some extent in our games?
sankha93

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:39 pm

Well, I dobut that RF2 is as good as Unreal Engine 3
Yeah....I think if it were going to be better than Unreal Engine 3, my future would have a lot of $$$$ in it. I would also have to question my career choice as I would be a better programmer than I thought I was. :)
also I still won't be able to convert my current project from RF1 to RF2
Artwork will transfer...scripts will not. Actors can be transferred over using Equity. Levels can be exported to 3DS, then converted to Ogre Mesh using Equity.

Good luck with your project. I'd be interested to see what it looks like with UE3.
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....

metal_head

Post by metal_head » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:01 pm

sankha93 wrote:So can you post your files that you had developed on the internet and the models in the RF format for the community so that we guys can learn from it and may be use it to some extent in our games?
The game's folder is about 7 GB big, I dunno what I can post from there. I can sure show you my scripts :)
Good luck with your project. I'd be interested to see what it looks like with UE3.
Thanks, I'll post something in the General Discussions forum when we have some noticable progress on it :)

Meanwhile, stay tuned for my christmas project, called Pac - Beast, it's a sidescroller idiotic shooter, where you eat junk food, upgrade your health/ speed/deadlyness, buy new weapons, equip yourself with items like "Super Fez", which makes you invisible (all this has been achieved so far...ahh, 3 days I've been writing scripts and not much else)

sankha93

Post by sankha93 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:50 pm

metal_head wrote:The game's folder is about 7 GB big, I dunno what I can post from there. I can sure show you my scripts :)
No need for everything. Just the models, scripts, textures and 3dt files would do.
sankha93

metal_head

Post by metal_head » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:34 pm

the models and textures are bough from the internet, I can upload the ones that my team and I have created, but they are only a few (talkin' about nice models with UV maps and stuff).
I prefer not to post my 3DT's, because we're remaking the levels (of course with much more deatils) in Unreal Engine and I want the game to be interesting. The scripts are not a problem, I can also upload BMP resources and stuff