[CLOSED] Metal Force [CLOSED]

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
metal_head

Re: Metal Force

Post by metal_head » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:08 pm

well, I wanted everything bright in the spaceship and when I tok the screen of the harbor, there weren't any light entities yet, so you're right.

Alextreme

Post by Alextreme » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:06 pm

Ok I hope to see most pics.

metal_head

Post by metal_head » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:44 pm

Here's some new screens, did some lightning, but most of the lightning is hardly visible :(
Sooo, here are the screens:

The big square hole is actuially a window, but it's so transparent that's almost invisible, will fix it:

Here, some lightning can be seen ;) :

Some garbage bins (wtf, it says "No Garbage" on them :lol: ), don't mind the bright barrels, they are static meshes and I haven't done any settings to them yet:

And some good looking barrels made by PsionicDesign :D :

Hope that the level will be finished till the end of the week :)! It's a big one!

Danimita92

Post by Danimita92 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:22 pm

Wow, it's looking fantastic, man!

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:48 pm

metal_head that is some nice level design there. Keep it up. :)
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....

metal_head

Post by metal_head » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:15 pm

Thanks guys! I'm not really sure that it looks sci-fi enough, but I had no idea of how to make a sci fi harbor, now I have other ideas, but I'm gonna keep them for another level :). This evening I'm planning to make all the lightning on the level.

metal_head

Post by metal_head » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:38 pm

OK, so the level is still unfinnished, but only a little bit of work has to be done!
Here are some new screens to keep you entertained :lol: (lol, that sounded rude, but I was just kidding).
Tell me what you think, should I add some more details or something? The harbour_shiphouse.jpg screen isn't lighted yet, so there are only light brushes, but no lightning is done at all, I'm planning to make this, using DSpotLight entities.

Elevator Room:
harbor_elevator.jpg
(53.79 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
Some sort of Ware House (you just pass through it in the level):
harbor_shiphouse.jpg
(84.37 KiB) Downloaded 25 times

metal_head

Post by metal_head » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:30 pm

Hey guys, I decided to make a little video of the game:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?gyy0j0imdgz Don't expect too much by the way, the weapons are far from finnished and are only a couple of the weapons in the game (there will be loads of weapons in the game). All the weapon animations are made by me (except that white and blue blitz rifle's ones). All the models of the weapons are bought from turbosquid (again except fot the blitz rifle). The music is from "Unreal Tournament" it's just temporary music, we're working on our own one, so far we got 2 tracks made by my team, I can put them for download if you wanna hear them :)

bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:30 am

Looking good MH very impressive.

zany_001

Post by zany_001 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:25 am

Not bad, there were several things that I reckon need fixing, but I'm sure you will get most of them anyway.

Oh and next time do you think you could do a youtube video because its annoying to have to wait 5 minutes for it to download, then another 5 minutes to watch it.
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.

ingumak

Post by ingumak » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:50 am

Very nice!!! It´s fantastic.

metal_head

Post by metal_head » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:42 am

Thanks for the nice comments, guys, there's more to come!
Not bad, there were several things that I reckon need fixing, but I'm sure you will get most of them anyway.

Oh and next time do you think you could do a youtube video because its annoying to have to wait 5 minutes for it to download, then another 5 minutes to watch it.
Oh, there's really a lot to be done yet, this video was more likely to show you the weapon animations. I need to fix the HUD of the sniper and the green blaster (dunno how to call it), it will be fireing red lazers, yeasterday I tried to make a projectile with a "bolt" effect, but the game crashed every time I tried to shoot with the green blaster, so today I'll try to fix that. I also need to find/make proper sounds for the reloading of the weapons, also a nice shooting sound for the new green blaster (I made it yesterday actually, so it's the newest gun in the game). If you see something else that annoys you, please tell me, it would ease my work a lot :).

As for Youtube, I don't actually have a user profile there, I'll have to make one, but sure, no problems :)

Oh yah, forgot to mention:
The hands need retextureing, cuz at the moment, the hand model is the same, but on some weapons, I've used different textures. And the gravity and jumping will be fixed, you won't be able to jump so high in the real game.

zany_001

Post by zany_001 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:39 am

Sure, I think I deleted the video but it doesn't take that long to download, I must have been impatient the other day. I can't do it right away though, but I'll make a list as I watch, as I think there were a few other things besides weapons animations and the things you mentioned.
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.

blutwurstchen

Post by blutwurstchen » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:57 am

That was awesome.

Did you make your laserbolts by applying effects to the projectile?

I am trying to make something more like a star wars blaster bolt and am having very little success.

metal_head

Post by metal_head » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:04 am

Thanks!
Yeah, I made them with applying "sprite" effects to the projectiles, the only problem with that is the effect doubbles, because of the movement of the projectile, I posted a thread about that in Level Design I think, but seems it's just a bug or something :)