MyGame (Deserted)

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
metal_head

Re: MyGame (Deserted)

Post by metal_head » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:44 pm

That's a really cool idea for the model! It sure is good for a first try! I would like to see the model from the right or left side :).Wish you luck with texturing it BTW! I can try helping with the animating,but I'm not really good at this.

Matte

Post by Matte » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:49 pm

metal_head wrote:That's a really cool idea for the model! It sure is good for a first try! I would like to see the model from the right or left side :).Wish you luck with texturing it BTW! I can try helping with the animating,but I'm not really good at this.
You can always texture if you want, cuz I kinda suck at that part (for now). I kinda like the wireframe view more than what I got right now. If you want to try and texture it, just PM me.
Ofcourse, I'm also gonna to try to texture it myself.
Thanks!

metal_head

Post by metal_head » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:52 pm

man,I know nothing about texturing,sorry I'd be happy to help with the animation though.

Matte

Post by Matte » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:54 pm

Ok. I actually got the animations, but I lost them while making an actor. So my model has walking animations, and it is able to turn his head while searching for enemies.

Dante

Post by Dante » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:35 pm

well, the error of the weapon is because it is a left-handed weapon... you should put the right arm using the trigger, and the left one supporting the front part of the weapon, and then put the weapon in the lower-right part of the screen, and turn it so the laser points to the center of the screen... i bet it would look much better
(By the way, my game uses left handed weapons... whats the matter huh? :P)
There never was a good war or a bad peace.
-Benjamin Franklin

Matte

Post by Matte » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:10 pm

Thanks for the tip. The problem is that I only have the .act file. Or can I decompile actors in Equity 2.4.7?

bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:53 pm

The problem is that I only have the .act file. Or can I decompile actors in Equity 2.4.7?
Thanks for the tip. The problem is that I only have the .act file. Or can I decompile actors in Equity 2.4.7?
Yes you can decompile *.act files with Equity 2.4.7 Open Actor in Equity go to Tools -> Decompile Actor

Matte

Post by Matte » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:30 pm

bernie wrote:
The problem is that I only have the .act file. Or can I decompile actors in Equity 2.4.7?
Yes you can decompile *.act files with Equity 2.4.7 Open Actor in Equity go to Tools -> Decompile Actor
Thanks!

metal_head

Post by metal_head » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:40 pm

I can help you make the weapon right-handed.It just needs to be mirrored in Milkshape,I still got the model on my PC,so I can do that for you. :)

Matte

Post by Matte » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:26 pm

That would be great, you one-eared rabbit! (Sorry, my humour isn't always that great...)
I'd love to have that model in my game.

Thanks!

metal_head

Post by metal_head » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:15 pm

OK,it may take some time to make it,because I reinstalled windows and put windows vista,so I got some problems here,but I promise,I'll make it!
you one-eared rabbit
I'm not sure..on the avatar the rabbit is about to cut tit's other year,so he may be no-eared now :D

darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:17 am

Matte wrote:UPDATE:
It's been a while...
I know I shouldn't have kept you waiting...
But I'm here now!

That's for the Britney Spears intro.

I've been working on a (very basic) actor to get up my modeling skills, and it will be used as a scouting robot in my game. As soon as I can build an actor, I will write a script for it!!

Here's the wireframe view for my Hunter enemy, he's not very strong, but fast-moving and has a big view. Once he sees you, kill him quickly, or he might call his friends!!
Just to say, there are too many polys in that model. You have unneeded polys in the legs; you can fix that by making the legs 1 stack, or you can simply merge the vertices. Also, the main part of the body, the sphere, should also be less polys for optimization. It wouldn't look that different, and you would get more speed
Herp derp.

Trougedoor122

Post by Trougedoor122 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:23 am

well DM came back.

Matte

Post by Matte » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:55 am

I'll try to delete some poly's.