MyGame (Deserted)

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
Matte

MyGame (Deserted)

Post by Matte » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:55 pm

I finished editing some of the HUD for my game, but I'm not really excited about the colors of the frames and the fact that it uses the standard frames. Here is a picture of the HUD.

Last edited by Matte on Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.

metal_head

Re: MyGame

Post by metal_head » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:20 pm

:lol: :lol: I like the smiley face and the death body in the two edges of the health bar,pretty original!

steven8

Post by steven8 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:48 pm

It's a great start, Matte. Everybody has to start somewhere. The more you mod the more comfortable you'll get playing with settings. If you want to change something completely, but are afraid of not being able to recover the original state if you bork things up, do what I do; I copy and paste the whole original section right below itself, then comment out the original so it's right there to uncomment if needed, then play with the new section you just pasted. Hard to go really wrong that way, cause you don't have to remember the original settings.
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!

Matte

Post by Matte » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:32 pm

steven8 wrote:It's a great start, Matte. Everybody has to start somewhere. The more you mod the more comfortable you'll get playing with settings. If you want to change something completely, but are afraid of not being able to recover the original state if you bork things up, do what I do; I copy and paste the whole original section right below itself, then comment out the original so it's right there to uncomment if needed, then play with the new section you just pasted. Hard to go really wrong that way, cause you don't have to remember the original settings.
Thanks alot for the hint and for the encouragements! :)
metal_head wrote::lol: :lol: I like the smiley face and the death body in the two edges of the health bar,pretty original!
Yeah, that's my favorite part of what I've got right now. :)

UPDATE:
I doubled the zoom, to make it like the zoom in most games.

I changed the name to Omega Squad: Army Factory. (Omega Squad was an old, now dead, mod of me)

Matte

Re: MyGame (Omega Squad: Army Factory)

Post by Matte » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:33 pm

I inserted a new weapon, with help from metal_head (thanks!) Animations and sounds do not work yet, though.

I am currently working on a squad AI, so you wont see any pictures for a while. ;)

metal_head

Post by metal_head » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:14 pm

I'll advice you to put the weapon a little more to the back,and a little more to the left,I don't know..maybe if you want it to be more realistic :)

Trougedoor122

Post by Trougedoor122 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:42 pm

very nice game, also the laser sight is a cool idea.

Sph!nx

Post by Sph!nx » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:19 pm

Trougedoor122 wrote:very nice game, also the laser sight is a cool idea.
Indeed! Could be my eyesight though, but it does not look like it really points to where the crosshair normally would be. If you don't want a crosshair ingame, people will rely on the laser to be precise even more.
Regards Sph!nx

Sven Co-op, DevEd: Development & Editing

Trougedoor122

Post by Trougedoor122 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:12 am

Sph!nx wrote:
Trougedoor122 wrote:very nice game, also the laser sight is a cool idea.
Indeed! Could be my eyesight though, but it does not look like it really points to where the crosshair normally would be. If you don't want a crosshair ingame, people will rely on the laser to be precise even more.
it looks accurate to me.

Matte

Post by Matte » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:04 am

Indeed, it doesn't point where the crosshair does, so I'll have to move it a bit more.
Thanks!

Matte

Post by Matte » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:29 am

I'm having a little problem here:
As you can see, the laser doesn't point at all, to where the shot goes. If I move the weapon to the position where it does, you get a left-handed guy with a broken right arm that is attaced to his body at his heart. How do I solve this?

EDIT: I now added a second gun, which I downloaded in .act format, but even with weapon positioning I can't get it on the screen :s. Anyone know what to do here?

EDIT2: Features to be implemented in the game:
a) Blinking: you have a key to blink, but if you don't press it, the game autoblinks every 7 seconds. Blinking before entering a room might save your life, because you don't want your screen to get black for a second when you're in the middle of a fight, do you?
b) Flashlight with battery: Most levels are going to be dark, with in some rooms a small light. Use your flashlight carefully, though, because the battery might be dead before you know it!
c) I might change the title again, because with these features, I think it is better to create a horror-game than squad-based combat. Titles may be submitted.

dylanwinn

Post by dylanwinn » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:42 am

How did you manage the laser?

Matte

Post by Matte » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:36 am

dylanwinn wrote:How did you manage the laser?
It's a part of the model.

EDIT: I changed the name (hopefully for the last time), so it fits more with the game, where you have to investigate a deserted researchbunker on Antarctica (south-pole). It is now called Deserted. Sorry for the trouble to those who didn't find this topic anymore due to the title changes.

Trougedoor122

Re: MyGame (Deserted)

Post by Trougedoor122 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:51 pm

still a cool game.

Matte

Re: MyGame (Deserted)

Post by Matte » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:47 pm

UPDATE:
It's been a while...
I know I shouldn't have kept you waiting...
But I'm here now!

That's for the Britney Spears intro.

I've been working on a (very basic) actor to get up my modeling skills, and it will be used as a scouting robot in my game. As soon as I can build an actor, I will write a script for it!!

Here's the wireframe view for my Hunter enemy, he's not very strong, but fast-moving and has a big view. Once he sees you, kill him quickly, or he might call his friends!!