2.5D sidescroller with RF? Possible?

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
LavaWave

2.5D sidescroller with RF? Possible?

Post by LavaWave » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:57 pm

Hi I'm new to RF and I have no programming skills like C, Python or such but I do know very simple script editing however

Anyway is it possible to make a 2.5D sidescroller game with Reality Factory? Somewhat like Sonic but in 3D and you move on a plane instead

btw where can I find games and such made by RF?
What is the best game/demo made by RF as of yet? I would like to see what can RF do.

Jay
RF Dev Team

Re: 2.5D sidescroller with RF? Possible?

Post by Jay » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:28 pm

Welcome to the forums.

To your first question, it is possible, but you would need a scripted player (you replace the built-in-player with a pawn and then script it) and build your own movement and camera system with it. One of the most important thinghs when learning RF is to learn the scripting system too. You can do some really wild thinghs with scripting that are not possible without (I am talking about 'normal' stuff like Inventory, scripted Hud, full Mouse support, but also some stuff like dialog boxes, in-game-menus, cut-scenens, effects etc.)
Everyone can see the difficult, but only the wise can see the simple.
-----

sankha93

Re: 2.5D sidescroller with RF? Possible?

Post by sankha93 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:17 am

LavaWave wrote: btw where can I find games and such made by RF?
What is the best game/demo made by RF as of yet? I would like to see what can RF do.
Answer to your 2nd question:
Nihris is the best RF demo game and it even uses a scripted player. So it could help you.
sankha93