UNTITLED PROJECT- work in progress

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
realityfactoryusr

UNTITLED PROJECT- work in progress

Post by realityfactoryusr » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:28 pm

EDIT:

Forthe time being, all of the data will be posted and updated here instead of Jays original thread.
Time and resources permitting, all of the ideas will be compiled into a PDF for public viewing and eventually ported to a website for faster viewing.

PLOT:

Your a hacker traveling through deep space to visit a planet for a vacation. Enroute, your cruiser unexpectedly crashes into an enormous vessel hovering over an unchartered planet. This spaceship somehow managed to escape detection on your radar.

Your still intact PDA (?) alerts you that you havent reached your destination but have seemed to survive a serious crash and should locate the nearest health pod. In addition, due to some hacking on your part, your PDA has downloaded information about this ship.... its a military vessel called (synonym for conquerer).

The (conquerer)'s mission was to observe and document the unchartered planet and determine if it was safe for extended exploration, terra forming and human habitation. The PDA is only able to pick up bits and pieces of purposely scrambled data from the ships network. Your ship is damaged. Theres no way off the seemingly abandoned vessel and the only recommended course your PDA advises is to find your way to the ships hangar and borrow another ship.

So far your data assistant has recovered a full map of the ship and has calculated the safest route for you to follow.
Last edited by realityfactoryusr on Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zany_001

Re: UNTITLED PROJECT- work in progress

Post by zany_001 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:20 am

Sounds cool, and YAY ANOTHER BLENDER USER W00T!!!
Although I believe that bernie isn't going to be supporting blender with equity, there is the export scripts that graywolf wrote that can export to .bdy and .mot. Those are supported by Equity, so you could use those instead of waiting around. There is another way which is harder to do but if you like I will tell you how.
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.

bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:54 am

Yes zany is correct in what he says, graywolf has written exporters for Blender so we don't intend to support it directly.

realityfactoryusr

Post by realityfactoryusr » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:01 pm

Well that pretty much broke my heart. Ive tried exporters before for Blender and all I rendered was a successful headache. @zany_001- Im glad to find another Blender user as well! WOOT!!!!! And I would like to know the other way that is harder as long as it works. Im trying to simplify the concepts and keep the polycount low. great to meet you and thanks! :)

@bernie - ouch. But I will investigate graywolf and study the exporter and hope it works for me. Thanks.

Between work and going to school I wont be pushing out much content, but this week Ill show you the style I more or less want to use in this game. Im not going for Half Life visuals, im being realistic. Aside from the programming which is already completed in the Genesis 3d engine, all of the models levels textures animations GUI sounds and music are all being done by myself. So expect something more on the side of Worms 3d or Crash Bandicoot 1.

See you all around, gotta go to work..... :?