Game *No title yet*

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
GMer

Game *No title yet*

Post by GMer » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:50 am

The game starts out as thus:
A research base has stopped communications for some odd reason. Since pirate raids are very common, a special forces team is sent. Stars out with an orbital drop (I have a script for this one), where player must avoid debris, and keep their speed down.
After this, the player must find the other 10 or so members of the special forces squad. (The player starts in a crater)

The commander of the two fire teams (a squad usually has 2 fireteams of 4-5 people, with a leader), he is 10 feet tall. Most of the suit is robotic (he lost his limbs after being trapped in a -space- battle ship without power. Cold has that effect on people.)
Yes, I couldn't find any white paper :lol:

You start out in a ravine, where exhaust is spewed. I need to work on the textures and sky here!

yes, you have to crawl through pipes.

One of the base defenses: a turret that needs textures!

Another will be an aerial fighter (similar to a HK from terminator), and a arthropod-like robot.

After this, the player (and the rest of the squad) fan out and turn off the base defenses, then enter the main facility of the base. The base seems to be on lock down...
Last edited by GMer on Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Over 3 years (has it been that long?) and just now I noticed the day and month of my birthday were switched. Whoops!

Some 2d games I made, haven't made anything in a year though O.o
http://www.yoyogames.com/users/GMer56

Matte

Re: Game *No title yet*

Post by Matte » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:15 am

Awesome! I wish I had the skills to do that....

MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:23 pm

Lookin good! I can't wait to see more completed!
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.

GMer

Post by GMer » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:55 pm

Started modeling the captain, have his upper torso and shoulders done:
Model is split actually in halves (fourths, really: The back is not done), edited in mspaint for show
308 vertices *one half*
425 vertices * one half*
Over 3 years (has it been that long?) and just now I noticed the day and month of my birthday were switched. Whoops!

GMer

Re: Game *SPECIMEN*

Post by GMer » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:19 pm

Sorry to double post, but there is a substantial gap between my previous one:
Ok, so the game begins with the player being on a ship. Alarms go off, and the player report to the bridge (some damage is in the ship, making navigation a challenge), where the player get your assignment: The automated orbital base defenses labeled the ship as a hostile. This only happens when the base is in lockdown. Communications to the base are non-responsive. So the player is sent to the armory to pick up some weaponry and a specialized backpack, which allows the player to have extra armor and weapons (and fly around in space). The other members of the squad have different specialties, none including EVA combat. The player is sent out into space, where he must fight the incoming small ships (and defend the friendly ship), an orbital drop onto the planet, then running around in the base, at the end of the first level in the base, you find a medial robot (much like a dog), other than that, story is the same (I'm holding some back, just because I want it to be a surprise when I'm done).