Project - Adrenaline [Screenshots!]

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
Gamemaker

Project - Adrenaline [Screenshots!]

Post by Gamemaker » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:34 pm

Hi!!! Maybe you remember me, as I tried to make a game called VOICES. 8) I must say that, VOICES was not going very well and it was very hard for me to make all those creepy effects and also I couldn't make a realistic story so I moved on with another game. This is much simpler and my project goes well too :). Today I was sitting and thinking, and writing the game story.

Here's the story:
USA wants to build a very huge building in Russia to test there the new war technologies, because there's very much free surface. Russia doesn't accept this and get's very angry, and also thinks that USA is building an army there to attack Russia. So russian president threatened USA to attack them with a big bomb, which does more damage than atomic bomb.
Now americans got a little scared and sent a secret agent Lucas Royds (you) by helicopter to Russia to analyze this bomb a little.
And a little bit of start:
So you start from hills and you've gotta find the lab, where russians test this bomb. You are being helped by the radio signal. You need to go to the lab, and kill the security guys and armed scientists and make the bomb harmless by destroying the main computer, which is connected to bomb. But while you explore the lab, you will find there something very spectacular and everything is changing from beautiful to the worst...

I won't tell you no more, because it's not interesting then ;)

Tell me, what do you think of it and I also need some team members...
Musician
Scripter

( I know this message had to be under other subject but I didn't want to make two topics for this )
Sorry for my hypersuperultra-bad english, try to understand me too, I'm estonian :D
- GameMaker
Last edited by Gamemaker on Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.

metal_head

Re: **WARGAME**, no title yet!

Post by metal_head » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:52 pm

Why don't you wait for RF 2 and work with it? You would achieve much better results with it :)
P.S. I can help with scripting :)

Gamemaker

Post by Gamemaker » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:59 pm

It takes so much time before RF2 :(
You can script, but you don't have always time, or do you? :)

zany_001

Post by zany_001 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:30 am

RF2 is only a few months away; while you wait, you can always make models and other content in preperation ;o
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:09 am

May is not that far away..only 3 months. Just to be clear, the release in May will be more like a 0.1 release and not a 1.0. You will be able to make a full game using it, but it will not have all the planned features up front. The plan is to do a point release every quarter. The point won't always be 1 (e.g 0.1 -> 0.2), it will also jump sometimes based on the amount of work I get done in those 3 months (e.g It might jump from 0.2 -> 0.5).

The basics will be there in May and the custom formats will not change much and if they do, I will support up to 2 versions behind. Ogre file formats will not change and if they do the Ogre team provides the converters.
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....

Gamemaker

Post by Gamemaker » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:31 pm

Okay okay, :), RF2 is not released yet, and who knows, maybe it's the end of world tomorow, so right now I'm doing well with RF1 ;) , but still I ask, what do you think about gamestory?
Later I'll also upload some pics of my work 8)
Right now I'm modeling humans for main characters and also I'm animating them and putting into a room, in which I make first cutscene.

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:23 pm

To be honest...I liked the other project better. I wish you had stuck with it and learned how to do what needed to be done. To ask questions about the hard stuff is perfectly fine in my book. Have you seen Ingumak's project? I bet he has a lot of advice to offer you.
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....

Gamemaker

Post by Gamemaker » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:03 pm

I had simply no ideas how to make new levels and stuff for VOICES, because the game had actually not a good story.. Well, it had a story, but I simply couldn't think about, what should next level bring to player. And so I had only 5 levels where a player is just floating around, without any reason.
BUT, when I'm done with this project, I promise to you all, that I am going to continue on VOICES.
I just need to start with easier project and then move on with harder ones ;)
Nothing is deleted, Voices is still in my computer :D

- GM

Gamemaker

Post by Gamemaker » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:57 pm

I changed a little bit of game story. Juutis and Garret helped me a lot.

USA has sent a satellite to space, which has very much important information on it. But russian hacker hacked into satellite, and satellite landed successfully on Russia. Russians protect the satellite as much as they can, and they don't even think about sending it back to USA. America won't stop asking the satellite back and russians get angrier and angrier and threatens to send a huge bomb to USA. And then USA sends there a secret agent, to stop the bomb.

Is this better? ;)

GMer

Post by GMer » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:25 am

Why just stop the bomb? Maybe also the secret agent needs to find the satellite and download the information off it (maybe destroy it so the Russians can't use it), then stop the bomb's launch.

Seems to make more sense to me, as the satellite would have been a major investment for the military and scientists, and the data as well.

Other than that, sounds ok :D
Over 3 years (has it been that long?) and just now I noticed the day and month of my birthday were switched. Whoops!

Some 2d games I made, haven't made anything in a year though O.o
http://www.yoyogames.com/users/GMer56

Gamemaker

Post by Gamemaker » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:46 am

Yea I forgot to post this :lol:
but as i see, good ideas are flying around everywhere ;). thanks

sankha93

Post by sankha93 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:41 am

Cool story !!! :mrgreen: :D
sankha93

Gamemaker

Post by Gamemaker » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:32 pm

sankha93 wrote:Cool story !!! :mrgreen: :D
Thank you ;)

zany_001

Post by zany_001 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:53 pm

Gamemaker wrote:
sankha93 wrote:Cool story !!! :mrgreen: :D
Thank you ;)
It's actually a pretty cliche story >.>
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.

Gamemaker

Post by Gamemaker » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:05 pm

.. okay :D