Project - Adrenaline [Screenshots!]

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Re: Project - Adrenaline [Screenshots!]

Post by QuestOfDreams » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:42 pm

The terrain looks nice so far. Maybe the mountains could use a little more variation in height and shape. It will look much better with correct lighting of course.

Gamemaker

Post by Gamemaker » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:29 pm

Thanks, QOD.

Gamemaker

Post by Gamemaker » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:10 am

My project "Adrenaline" is cancelled due to data loss.
I was reinstalling Windows XP, but aftrer format C my data was lost from another hard drive and it was impossible to restore Reality Factory's folder. I got my pictures and music restored, but realityfactory was gone.

Sorry!

Nighthawk_0973

Post by Nighthawk_0973 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:06 pm

:(
https://sites.google.com/site/theneverendinguniverse/ <-- Infinite Universe Website. It's a 2D MMORPG I'm releasing into beta near the late summer (I hope :D) note: RF isn't an MMO maker. Not yet anyways.

Gamemaker

Post by Gamemaker » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:40 pm

It was quite depressing yeah, it was my two-year work there... and for now I can just look at screeshots and play the silly demo I made.

Nighthawk_0973

Post by Nighthawk_0973 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:30 am

Welp maybe you'll have better luck with another game. You could try another engine and see if you could make something else out of it.
https://sites.google.com/site/theneverendinguniverse/ <-- Infinite Universe Website. It's a 2D MMORPG I'm releasing into beta near the late summer (I hope :D) note: RF isn't an MMO maker. Not yet anyways.

Gamemaker

Post by Gamemaker » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:39 am

Very great idea :) which of many would you recommend? :)

Nighthawk_0973

Post by Nighthawk_0973 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:08 pm

hmm... I havn't tried anything save RF but if your open to pay than FPS Creator looks cool.

If your computer can handle it do what I can't do and get the UDK NOW! It's awesome. Just think of what you could make: DC Universe, Infinite Blade, and Gears of War, are all built upon Unreal Engine. Plus the very first tutorial, in the very best UDK tutorial series, made by the best tutorial maker of all time, can be found right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7AAgQHJWGc This guy already has about, 73ish tutorials for udk. You'll learn plenty. This guy taught me: Java and C++!

There's also Unity3D, and if you want to check that out.

And if your into MMORPG making then I highly recommend the following engines:
XtremeWorlds (sites been hacked, you have to get it from Cnet so type in XtremeWorlds download Cnet)
Eclipse (http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/eclipse)

Good luck! Tell me if you need help with XW or Eclipse.

Gamemaker

Post by Gamemaker » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:36 am

I pretty much have Unreal Engine 2.0 for now (UDK 2). My computer had problems with the third version. It said I need Shader Model 3.0. I can't have it, because my laptop's video card is kindof weird... I have Sis VGA graphics "card" (it's a driver actually) . So basically any driver I download, graphics card name would be taken from driver's name. So I downloaded the previous version :) . Pretty good, way better than RF, I had this gorgeous 7000-poly cornfield infront of me and 1500-poly-bridge and a cool river, also a HUGE terrain. It was so awesome. I'm learning UnrealEditor now. It's pretty hard. Way harder than RF's, because there are so many options, selecting and modifyng a brush is so hard (I hope only because I'm a beginner with this editor). I got a room done, lighting makes everything so realistic-looking. Even SWAT4 is made with this engine, believe it? SWAT FOUR... what the hell, right? :)

I'm a bit worried about if I can ever make it singleplayer.

Nighthawk_0973

Post by Nighthawk_0973 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:10 am

I decided to take my own advice and looked into unity. It's the perfect engine for me. System requirements are acually defined by your game. You just need Windows XP SP 2 or later and 64 VRAM. (video RAM)

I find it quite easy, and the fact that there are some pretty sweet video tutorials out there isn't that bad either.

That fact that you even know how to get UDK for an older version of unreal makes me a bit jealous. But now that I have unity I should be fine. Anyways gotta get back to game design. Who knows though, we might have to get your username changed to 'UnrealGameMaker' :D

Gamemaker

Post by Gamemaker » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:11 am

Lol, I just downloaded this installer from internet :) also there are some tutorials up here.

We should talk in msn or skype btw.
My MSN: sander94@msn.com
My Skype: jurgenssander

Nighthawk_0973

Post by Nighthawk_0973 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:50 pm

sorry, I'm not allowed to use chatboxes :(

Also, learning how to make an FPS game in unity w/imported objects and scripts.

hmm... just realized this is getting a bit off topic. Maybe we could move it to another forum post or start a series of PMs? Or does it not matter.

Edit: You should get Transformers: War for Cybertron. It's a fun game and the multiplayer is even funner, if you can get into a match that you won't get either:
A. kicked out of because the host quits..
B. kicked out of because of major lag
C. Frustrated because there are to many prime mode characters (prime mode characters are multiplayer characters that have reached max levels on all classes) on the opposite team
D. kicked out because it's a DLC map
E.Furstrated because the people on voice chat sound like a blurb of static, therefore ruining the experience

that's why it's so hard to find a match on WFC and there isn't even any matchmaking system.

Gamemaker

Post by Gamemaker » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:53 pm

I know it's a little offtopic, but I created that with Unity :)
Attachments
MYMAP2.jpg
(231.08 KiB) Not downloaded yet
MYMAP.jpg
(225.32 KiB) Not downloaded yet

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:22 pm

Nice work Gamemaker. Unity is very easy to create maps with. RF2 will be using a similar component object method. That part is already done.
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....

Gamemaker

Post by Gamemaker » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:58 pm

Cool, today is my first day of learning Unity, I've learnt it like 6hours in a row now... :shock:
Right now I'm trying to make a player shoot