I want to make a Zoid game

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
Iron Mike

I want to make a Zoid game

Post by Iron Mike » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:15 am

basically, I've always wanted those Zoids games to be the way I always imagined one would be... however, they didn't impress me much. So I want to make a Zoids game that DOES somewhat follow accordingly to what I think a Zoids game should be like. It's basically an RPG elemented game in the respect that you earn new zoids through storyline battles and earn new weapons with each level you gain through experience. So basically story = new zoid + partners, and experience points = new weapons. I have no idea what storyline I want to do, so help would be appreciated. Im thinking of it starting in fun tournaments and somehow promoting to serious full-scale war.

I already have the shadow fox modeled, but I have no idea what to do with a .max file to make it into a rigged entity with animations and everything. Any help would be appreciated. I dont want to have to model a whole bunch of zoids by myself, i dont know how to script for crap, I dont know how to obtain any sort of sounds effects, I have no texturers, and I have no voice actors or anything. However, I am a musician, so music would be no issue for me.

So... casting:

--Needed:

-Voice Actors (dont know how many yet)
-Sound effects
-Other Modelers
-Scripters
-Texturers

so, WHO WANTS TO HELP?!

BTW ill have the shadow fox pic up soon

Iron Mike

Re: I want to make a Zoid game

Post by Iron Mike » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:43 am

sorry to double post, but heres the pictures, as promised:

Watcha think? I'm keeping it low-poly so that the game can run well if theres a whole buncha zoids runnin around.

GMer

Post by GMer » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:29 pm

Nice work so far.. the UV mapping will be a pain in the rear, though.
I hope you manage to finish this game... I have a skillion projects that I still haven't done :roll:
Over 3 years (has it been that long?) and just now I noticed the day and month of my birthday were switched. Whoops!

Some 2d games I made, haven't made anything in a year though O.o
http://www.yoyogames.com/users/GMer56

Iron Mike

Post by Iron Mike » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:36 pm

well about the texturing and UV mapping and everything, it shouldnt be too much of a pain, because I want the game to be sort of cell-shaded. Like the show was, because thats the inspiration, and also i want the game to look realistic, but that's obviously not going to happen, so a cell-shade would work nicely i think. I just need a team. im going to go ahead and make a post on that in the job posting sections about now.