Chiron 454

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
GMer

Chiron 454

Post by GMer » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:04 am

Hi, I'm back (dum da da da dummm!).
I have a game idea I feel good about and I think I will finally churn out a complete game!
Basically, hypersleep colony ship crashes at its destination. As hypersleep is in fledgling stages, the nutrient compound that people ingest occasionally mutates, causing a fungus to grow on them, and this usually drives people nuts (the worst case of athletes foot ever). Combined with hypersleep "coffins" opening early letting people run wild and a crazy AI controlling the ship, this is not the ideal place to be.
The player figures out what is going on and fixes the situation in gung-ho style, saving those who are have not been goomba-fied, and ending the game with a firey explosion.
Here are some screen shots of my progress.

Most of the geometry you see is a static mesh using a bit of bsp geometry as collision detection. I learned that from watching a tutorial on the uber edition of Unreal tournament 2004 bonus disc.
Over 3 years (has it been that long?) and just now I noticed the day and month of my birthday were switched. Whoops!

Some 2d games I made, haven't made anything in a year though O.o
http://www.yoyogames.com/users/GMer56

zany_001

Re: Chiron 454

Post by zany_001 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:27 am

Textures are a bit bland, but it's a good start, keep it up! :D
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.

Juutis

Post by Juutis » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:18 pm

Have you perhaps seen the movie Pandorum? 'Cause apart from the crazy AI part, this sounds just like it. :)
Pain is only psychological.

GMer

Post by GMer » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:25 pm

Awww juutis, I though my idea was original :lol: (since when is any game that sells well orgininal? Wait, *cough* Portal *cough*)
The textures are going to get a large overhaul (obviously), there will be crap strewn everywhere, blood, dead bodies, supplies.
And the scary part is:
You don't get a gun right away, and when you do, it is this ittty bitty pistol (note that it is untextured)
Over 3 years (has it been that long?) and just now I noticed the day and month of my birthday were switched. Whoops!

GMer

Post by GMer » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:18 pm

Made a hand and textured it... how to you feel about pale yellow people? :lol:
Oh, Juutis, Pandorum's monsters are the result of genetic augmentations done on the crew so they can adapt to their new planet, and they went crazy as a result of extended space travel (and one crew member going crazy nutso).
In this game, the nutrient supplement that the "sleepers" swallow mutates and becomes sentient. And a sentient fungus in your stomach (that wants out) is not exactly something people take lying down.
And in this game you will know that you are on a cryo-sleep ship, heading towards a planet (in the game the ship will crash). What you will find out is why the ship is heading to where it is heading, and why there are goomba-fied people running amok. Although there also will be crazy people running around (because the crazy AI opened their coffins too early), but the AI still retains some sense as to lock everyone out of the system, so it would be hard for there to be a Leland.

Gamemaker

Post by Gamemaker » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:37 am

What's up with this game :D

GMer

Post by GMer » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:47 pm

Nothing much, actually.
It has taken a bit of a back burner, as I got the best RPG game idea this side of 1990!