Charge 1.0.2.

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
metal_head

Charge 1.0.2.

Post by metal_head » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:09 am

Hey guys, so this is a mini project of mine, which I had forgotten about and just finished. It's pretty complicated to explain, so I'll just put the download link below.

Controls: Player 1:
W A S D - move
SPACE - jump

Player2:
arrows - move
Ctrl - jump

While in air, press jump again while pressing a directional key to charge.

Amm, on my PC, this game works perfect, but on all of my friends' PC it crashes. The log file is perfect, it's something in RF, so can you check it out and say if it works on your PC and if it doesn't, do you have any ideas why it doesn't ?

P.S. I tried it on my laptop. The menu was fine, except that instead transparency, there were black spots on the buttons. I loaded a level, the first frame showed up and then it crashed, giving me a Send/Don't Send error. Still, the log file is OK.

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.mediafire.com/?z1ddo87ufdykhap
Last edited by metal_head on Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

SV2.0

Re: Charge 1.0.0.

Post by SV2.0 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:09 am

Crashes to desktop for me with all three drivers directly after loading a level. Under openGL the bsp objects don't appear to show up either for the split second before the screen goes black.

Vista Home x64
Intel Core2 Quad Q9300 2.50 G Hz
ATI Radion HD 4800 series

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:27 am

The problem is that you're using joystick methods in your script. RF crashes if these are used and no joystick is connected to the PC (bug).
If you set UseDirectInput=false in RealityFactory.ini, functions referring to joysticks will be ignored and you can play the game using the keyboard.

metal_head

Post by metal_head » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:19 am

Thanks, QoD, that fixed the problem. I should try using GetNumJoysticks() to check how many joysticks are connected and than if there are joysticks, use the joystick methods. OK, so I'll post a working version later. For now, I'll disable the joystick features, but I will fix them and put them back in the game in the later releases.

metal_head

Re: Charge 1.0.1.

Post by metal_head » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:45 am

Here's a working release, guys:

Code: Select all

http://www.mediafire.com/?dgagjcz4qsy3ydg
Still sometimes some things don't work, but it's pretty playable and several people said it's pretty addictive.

Oh, on the stage with the fan there's a collision bug. Sometimes you can get stuck in the little bridge things. Can you guys check that out and say if I can do something to fix it or Genesis just can't handle such speed and it malfunctions.

jamieo01

Post by jamieo01 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:52 pm

Just played the game worked fine on my laptop no crashes. It's a good game better than I could do any way the fan level is my favorite level. Hope you do more to it :D

metal_head

Post by metal_head » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:54 pm

I sure will! It's just a matter of time.
I even have plans for Charge 2 with RF2 or with Unity, that will have online multiplayer, but for now, I'll be just bugfixing this one and adding more stuff to it.

metal_head

Post by metal_head » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:40 pm

New version featuring one new super mario level and new soundtrack.
The main menu is now fully functional and also the ingame menu is fixed (the next level button wasn't working).
A new control system is added - in singleplayer the player is controlled with the arrow keys and the Ctrl key for jumping. In multiplayer - player one has the WASD keys + J, player 2 has the same controls as the previous version.

Download here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?z1ddo87ufdykhap