Dark Crypt (Isometric Dungeon)

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
Veleran

Re: Dark Crypt (Isometric Dungeon)

Post by Veleran » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:41 pm

So,how you did it so far?Did you pass all the traps?I did not make them too dangerous so far.
Is the camera too far or too close?
Did you have trouble on any controls like jumping,or getting stuck or cornered somewhere?
I chose isometric for better frame rate and most of because the lack of polycount and goodies will not be that much noticeable at far view,and it is less work total because half the walls are missing.
Plus the 3rd and 1st person views level design usually require dungeons that are multi leveled on height and complicated.

Veleran

Post by Veleran » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:28 am

Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUxvGIUhc8o
Slightly choppy frames,but it runs smooth when i do not record it.
I did not work enough on it and always got tired and abandoned it for long but this is what i have so far.
I did not notice on time i had not updated the destroyable skeleton generator script with the corrected version until today and the nice eye glow effect of the skull does not show in this video.

I changed the moving platform to auto start because many times when i hit the button for it it started to move but did not.

When you jump on a destroyable vase and crash it,because you can fall in the floor and die through a hole it seems to create upon destroying.
Someone can test this and tell me if i can change something in the ordering of the commands to prevent it or something else.

Maybe the inventory window covers too much of the screen action and i am thinking either making the icons smaller and the inventory background transparent with only a thin frame solid,
or having most attributes auto use (if they are not already maxed out).

I notice that in the end corridor the first of the two falling blocks did not explode,possibly because id did not touch the player.
I should make the script to switch to the explode order even if the block does not collide the player.
Maybe i set the move distance too low maybe not.

Veleran

Post by Veleran » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:57 pm

I have halted the development because of the huge amount of actors you need to model before assembling a level.
I keep it as an excuse to exercise digital sculpting for normal maps and can get back to work on it more often in the future if i ever manage to complete another much smaller and simpler project.

Veleran

Post by Veleran » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:47 am

Shadowless. I will add more stuff so it does not look that empty.
In two spots i added two spotlights together otherwise it was not lit enough,and the max count is 8 on screen,i have to be careful how many dinamics are visible.

Veleran

Post by Veleran » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:05 pm

It needs more models to fill it,bone piles,webs,standard banners,pillar arches,broken weapons,and other.

hgt_terry
RF Dev Team

Post by hgt_terry » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:47 pm

Looks very impressive.