Hello

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
TheBassinator143

Hello

Post by TheBassinator143 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:30 am

Hi guys, how're you doin'? My name's Evan, I'm new here. A little bit about myself: I'm currently studying creative writing (transfering to UCI in the fall) and was hoping to someday land a job as a storyline developer at a game design company (Blizzard would be awesome!).

Anyways, I stumbled across RF about a week ago and since then I have spent at least 12 hours playing around with the interface and trying to get a feel for it. I have a whole bunch of different ideas for games, but many of them seem a bit too grandiose for my level of experience right now, so I was hoping a few of you could pitch me ideas for some simple games that would help me level up my RF game making skills, so to speak.

Any helpful words or advice would be greatly appreciated :)

zany_001

Re: Hello

Post by zany_001 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:13 pm

Welcome to RF! :D

I suggest you make a simple FPS game, with basic scripted enemies and a few custom models and sounds. Maybe have two levels, and a menu to switch between the levels. From there, you can move onto a larger FPS with a bit of storyline and more custom art.
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.

TheBassinator143

Post by TheBassinator143 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:09 am

Sounds pretty sweet, I'll get to work on that. Thanks!

Out of curiousity though, what third party programs will I need to be proficient with? I have photoshop and just downloaded T2 and Milkshape, but I haven't really had a chance to use them all that much.

bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:22 am

Welcome to the forum :D
I have photoshop and just downloaded T2 and Milkshape, but I haven't really had a chance to use them all that much.
That should be plenty to get you going.
Download the free e-book http://www.realityfactory.info/cms/inde ... umentation and you will be making good games in no time

TheBassinator143

Post by TheBassinator143 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:22 pm

Awesome, many thanks! I hope to be contributing to the community sometime in the near future. :wink:

floranicolas

Post by floranicolas » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:27 am

i love star wars battlefront, halo, call of duty, fallout and GTA-grand theft auto fps games.