Something Big...

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
Nighthawk_0973

Something Big...

Post by Nighthawk_0973 » Sat May 28, 2011 4:02 am

Let's all band together, the only people who are at RF, and make something big together.

Somebody could be our scripter, modelist, all that stuff, we could get together as a team and either PM each other or talk through a thread.

It could be something really cool too!

Then again a lot of you have other bigger projects to do like your own game engines so... yeah.
If another person wants to make something with me I'm all for it I just thing we should all get together and make a huge project with RF.

Post your thoughts and/or opinions here.
https://sites.google.com/site/theneverendinguniverse/ <-- Infinite Universe Website. It's a 2D MMORPG I'm releasing into beta near the late summer (I hope :D) note: RF isn't an MMO maker. Not yet anyways.

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Re: Something Big...

Post by paradoxnj » Sat May 28, 2011 3:35 pm

Been tried before and failed. Everyone has their own ideas and own schedules. It's hard to keep a large team together unless they are in the same place.
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....

Nighthawk_0973

Post by Nighthawk_0973 » Sat May 28, 2011 5:31 pm

I was keeping that in mind. You guys do all have your game engines your working on :D

Oh well it was just an idea of mine.
https://sites.google.com/site/theneverendinguniverse/ <-- Infinite Universe Website. It's a 2D MMORPG I'm releasing into beta near the late summer (I hope :D) note: RF isn't an MMO maker. Not yet anyways.

hgt_terry
RF Dev Team

Post by hgt_terry » Sat May 28, 2011 7:47 pm

I Agree with para on this it takes dedication and sometimes its a lonely job I have Bernie a God send by the way I seem to have lost him anybody heard from him he was not well a few weeks ago need to find out if he is OK.

Anyway

Organization I think was the biggest issue getting everybody to work on there bits the problem we had with para is I work nights para in America and time zones so getting it all planed is the thing.

I have total respect for Para and Bernie and a few more I could mention one day a system will be developed and we are working on it.

What we DONT wont to do is looses this site.

PS

If anybody hears from Bernie let me know I hope he is in good health

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Sat May 28, 2011 11:33 pm

Ya...when it comes down to it...we don't have any issues with each other. Time zones play a huge part. Terry and Bernie are 5 hours ahead of me. I'm in GMT-5 and they are in GMT (I believe). I had the same issue with Jet3D. Bruno was 6 hours ahead of me in France. I used to have to meet with him during my regular work day. Terry also works much faster and more often that me. So he would have been waiting for me a lot.

I have respect for Terry and Bernie as well. We might disagree on what to develop first and how to develop it, but it doesn't mean that I don't think they do good work. Equity is a great tool and I'm sure GD will be as well.

I have not heard from Bernie, now you have me worried as well. :(
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....

hgt_terry
RF Dev Team

Post by hgt_terry » Sun May 29, 2011 1:13 pm

NightHawk

Sorry to be forward but how old are you and do you have any skills i.e. c++ scripting front end design what can you bring to the table that would help Para me and Bernie sorry to be rood I don’t mean it the way its come across.

You are very in enthusiastic and that’s admirable what area would you focus on leaving the web/html aside.

Terry

bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie » Mon May 30, 2011 12:28 pm

True we don't have any issues, a few minor disagreements maybe but everyone has those. Nice to know you guys care so much, I only took 1 weeks holiday on the spur of the moment and you guys are worrying about me :lol: Usually I would sign out but my cousin flew in unannounced from England last Sunday and dropped in on us. We showed her and her husband around some of the tourist spots. Had a great week but its back to normal now.

Nighthawk_0973

Post by Nighthawk_0973 » Mon May 30, 2011 8:49 pm

hgt_terry wrote:NightHawk

Sorry to be forward but how old are you and do you have any skills i.e. c++ scripting front end design what can you bring to the table that would help Para me and Bernie sorry to be rood I don’t mean it the way its come across.

You are very in enthusiastic and that’s admirable what area would you focus on leaving the web/html aside.

Terry
The first thing I want you to tell me is this Terry (remember, I'm not taking this personally) but when you said
hgt_terry wrote:You are very in enthusiastic and that’s admirable what area would you focus on leaving the web/html aside.
what did you mean by that? It was all one big squashed up sentance to me and I only got little bits here and there.

As for my abilitys and age, I'm 12 years old but 13 in a few days time, as for my skills I am pretty good with game making software and am thinking of getting into unreal development kit (thanks for giving me that link paradox :D) I am pretty talented when it comes to Java and am learning C++ as well. My main project is an MMO that is created with a software called XtremeWorlds. I learned JavaScript but forgot everything about it exept for the basics:

Code: Select all

<script = "text/Javascript">
//code goes here 
</script>
I am a decent pixel artist/blender modeler, and use Freeware primarily. The only non-freeware tools that I use are things that my dad might have bought like Photoshop, in which case I would use it only if I was on my dads computer, since I prefer Paint.NET anyways.

Anything else you want to know? I'm terrible at sound but know how to do it and could get somewhere after a while...