A New Game Story Idea

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
steven8

A New Game Story Idea

Post by steven8 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:27 am

Okay, you are a reclusive billionaire who has come to the conclusion that the human race no longer deserves to live -- Hardly a new idea, but wait for it. . .so -- you study up and build a nuclear bomb and a device for digging to the center of the Earth to plant the bomb. As you dig to the center of the Earth you are confronted by Marines, Halliburton Operatives, Blackwater, and others I have not yet thought of. Everyone who wants to stop you because losing the Earth would lose them trillions in profits. You have to fight your way to the center of the Earth, plant the bomb, and kill yourself along with the planet. Yes, you win the game when you successfully kill yourself. Thoughts?
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!

Veleran

Re: A New Game Story Idea

Post by Veleran » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:18 am

Almost everyone wants happy ending,most will wish you can save the player right before the end,or they could ask for such ending when they play the demo.
I usually never bad words about any piece of art or game unless it is heavily bugged.
If you can make it as mini game of several hours of gameplay ,made of entirely free models and textures there will not be a big risk of losing money,wasting effort etc.
Most of your time will go to browsing the net for the free characters and testing them to see if they work or can be converted properly to the format to use ,than assembling the game and writing and game testing.

So,the smaller you make it the less you worry about it and this way you can at least finish it to go on with another project idea.
I wish you first publish something finished if it is worth.There must be enough people around that will not mind playing retro 3d graphics.

steven8

Post by steven8 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:31 am

Perhaps we could end with a movie. Pull out shot of the Earth exploding, and from within the explosion a metal capsule emerges and the flies past the camera, our hero's face visible in the capsule's window.

Veleran

Post by Veleran » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:54 am

This ending is good,yes i like it much.

bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:57 pm

Love the Idea steven. Blofelt would be proud of you but watch out for mr Bond.

steven8

Post by steven8 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:47 am

bernie wrote:Love the Idea steven. Blofelt would be proud of you but watch out for mr Bond.
'Ernie' and I often meet at the Badguy Buffet on The Strip and 'do' lunch. We like to meet there because there is always (wait for it) Pussy Galore!! :lol:

Glad you both like the idea, and I'm glad you like the sound of that ending scene, Veleran. I can see it so clearly in my mind. Now I just have to create it!!