Zombie's Attack

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
dailoc

Zombie's Attack

Post by dailoc » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:16 am

Hello everyone. After about 6 months of working, my game is finished. It is a zombie FPS game. The game is short. It's a lot shorter than my actual game plot. Please give me feedback. This is just a prototype. And by the way, if you guys are interested, please join and help me to improve this game. Your name will be in the Credit. Anyway, i really appreciate your help. :D

Follow the link and download it. http://www.fshare.vn/file/GNTRFLMWTW/

//////////////////////////////////////////////////
EDIT:
//////////////////////////////////////////////////

Follow this link to a new, less complicated post. Don't follow the above link.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5426
Last edited by dailoc on Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

realgaming135

Re: Zombie's Attack

Post by realgaming135 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:17 pm

Well, I wanted to play the game, but of some reason, I can't open the files. It says something about, that the files is encrypted and damaged. :(
Without facts, a mystery is just a guessing game...

dailoc

Post by dailoc » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:45 pm

Sorry guys. I forgot to unlock the file and also forgot the password. So, I post another file (without password).

Follow the linkhttp://www.fshare.vn/file/ZKD8M719GI/

realgaming135

Post by realgaming135 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:18 pm

Thank you :D
downloading now :)

realgaming135

Post by realgaming135 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:07 pm

It works fine untill I have to choose between easy, medium, hard. I choose one, then the loading screen is showing, and then I first gets a black screen, and then an error message.

Zombie Attack has encountered a problem and needs to close, we are sorry for the inconvenience.

that's the error message.
I'm sorry that it does still not work, and I hope you'll find the error.
But I must say, that the menu looks great, now I just need the rest of the game :lol:
good luck with fixing the problem :)

dailoc

Post by dailoc » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:37 am

Are U using Window 8? If not, then I think that there is a problem the "intro.avi". media\video\menu\intro.avi. Set Window Media Player to open it, and change the file name, which is intro only, (rename it) to intro.avi. It works fine on my computer. But I think the only problem is because of the intro.avi or because you use window 8

dailoc

Post by dailoc » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:39 am

Problem found
Last edited by dailoc on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

dailoc

Post by dailoc » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:12 am

Ok ,this might be the cause. the annoying pack file. You can change the reality factory config file, change the PackFile=pack.vfs to PackFile=. Leave that line blank. And I think the problem is caused by the pack file.

dailoc

Post by dailoc » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:58 am

Again, sorry for the problem. As said, the problem is in the reality configuration file, in the line:

PackFile = pack.vfs

change to

PackFile =

This is a faster way: http://www.fshare.vn/file/CQ1HVJM56U/

Download the file and put it in the game folder (to replace the old file.)

dailoc

Post by dailoc » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:19 am

Try to change the configuration first, if it doesn't work ,then try the intro.avi. If you have changed both of them, and nothing happens, please let me know. I'll try to look for solutions

realgaming135

Post by realgaming135 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:25 pm

I tried to download the new file, and replace it with the old, still the same. I changed the Intro movie's name to Intro.avi. and still the same.

bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:39 pm

OK lads after a lot of work I managed to get it running on my machine. The problem is the file format of the intro.avi and the MenuInto.avi files they seem to be non standard avi files.

Here is a work around:-
If you replace both those files with the rfsplash.avi file, that is delete the old files intro.avi and IntroMenu.avi then copy the rfsplash.avi file then rename it intro.avi do the same again for IntroMenu.avi then the game will run.

@dialoc
You need to look carefully at the avi format that rfsplash uses and build your intro files with the same format.

Edit: Your avi files are compressed MP42 MPEG-4 V2 format. I think you need the old Direct Show or uncompressed format for RF.to work on all windows pc's

Ok the game looks good from what I have done so far. Now that I have got it running I can play it for a while and then come back to you.

realgaming135

Post by realgaming135 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:32 pm

Bernie did write:

Here is a work around:-
If you replace both those files with the rfsplash.avi file, that is delete the old files intro.avi and MenuIntro.avi then copy the rfsplash.avi file then rename it intro.avi do the same again for MenuInfo.avi then the game will run.
I did delete the Intro.avi and IntroMenu.avi, and then I did copy rfsplash.avi and renamed it to Intro.avi and IntroMenu.avi. But it still shows me the error message.

bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:45 pm

I did delete the Intro.avi and IntroMenu.avi, and then I did copy rfsplash.avi and renamed it to Intro.avi and IntroMenu.avi. But it still shows me the error message.
intro.avi should be all small case. Or is that just a typo?

dailoc

Post by dailoc » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:05 pm

Thanks bernie. I could not find the problem cutz the intro.avi,.. work fine on my computer. I don't understand why other computers encounter this problem. Also, if the problem is because of the bad intro.avi format, then you should change the media\video\Credit.avi too.