A blast from the Past.

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
bernie
RF Moderator

A blast from the Past.

Post by bernie » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:09 pm

I just found my First demo on an old drive so I Re-upladed it to gamefront.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/user/BernieRF
Talisman.rar

Veleran

Re: A blast from the Past.

Post by Veleran » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:42 pm

Hey nice,i am always glad to see heroic fantasy folklore stuff.The music gives good first impression ,sounding like a real band playing Irish leprechaun style music.Congratulations.
Do not tell me it is ripped,because i already imagine someone looking like the actor Brian Cox himself playing that music.
Hey no offence-just he has stuck on my mind as the Irish guy.

I could nt see the music credits because the text looks black.
I understand it must have not been so easy as myself used to play fretless electric bass guitar (i can still play some).

I am still wandering outside the houses searching what i must do.I can see something like a stone bed or something inside a house and that is all,haha,someone must have gone further than me.
What do you do next,i do not mind spoiling the events to come.

bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:06 pm

Hi Veleran. The music is myself playing the Fiddle, Guitar and Mandolin (multitracking) on the menu and solo fiddle at the beginning of the game. I never actually completed the game in total but there are two playable levels and the the third is just where I started to Prepare an open air level with a proper terrain. I then moved on to other projects and never completed that one.
Find the key to the cottage and then progress from there. Note: The key is in one of 4 different places each time you start the game so if you find it the 1st time it probably won't be in the same place the next time you start the game. There is no fighting on the 1st level but plenty in the second.

steven8

Post by steven8 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:06 pm

Got it! I love this game. I remember you telling us that the music was your work back then, Bernie. It's awesome!!!
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!