Horror Manor - Platform

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
aicd99

Re: Horror Manor - Platform

Post by aicd99 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:41 am

This game just keeps getting better and better
this really looks promising you really should continue working on this + dark crypt
because this is really going to go far

aicd99

Post by aicd99 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:53 am

Btw could check this project out

A game project I made myself here:
https://mega.nz/#!2xNWmAJa!YXwhOWZFz-M1 ... 47h07RCA_s

It's currently has a codename Project bumie !!! The true name will be revealed once the game is 60% done. Right now it's like 0.06% complete

The game is meant to be GTA style game and a plat former

Give it a try then give me some feedback

Enjoy

Veleran

Post by Veleran » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:50 am

Make a separate topic for your game here in Game Design and we can continue there.
I run the demo and went as far as the area inside the red tunnel dead end after the bridge over the green liquid.
You got to use far clip distance and distance fog because right now the speed goes down when you go far and i guess it renders everything you left behind no matter how far it was.

One difficult area was to jump over the gap above the chocolate like pool to reach the ladder.
It is just too far to cross over and it took many tries and hovering over the edge to make the jump successful.

I enjoyed the large area with the two robots far where you can shoot them with ease.
I would prefer if the robots get alerted when wounded and increase their sight distance and see you to fight back.

I would like more large areas like this Maddington- indoor or outdoor.
Put some lights and remove the default light because it is flat.
In the tunnels you can use spotlights that point horizontally across the tube passage to light them.
I say this in case you want to avoid placing many small lights inside each tube.

The bigger the walls the larger scale you got to use on the texture othewise the pattern fades when it is small.
Try the big metal plates textures from the txl packs on the walls of the room with the two bridges.

I could not find any clue to end the level , kind of got lost so i quit.

aicd99

Post by aicd99 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:09 am

The sewer leval in the game was based on a level in Ratchet and clank 3.
There is no level after sewers and yes I will a make topic about the game I was working on myself since 2011

Could you do me a favour can you design a girl charter to where she can be playable in the game where she has rig and can carry weapons from the RF weapons. It's that bonnie girl from the menu I would you to design . I will even pay you myself
cus I would really need your help.'

Do you need more drawings ?

If you want we can take this to private messages just inbox me

Veleran

Post by Veleran » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:28 pm

You can make the demo more playable by doing some changes.
1.Place arrows pointing to the direction you have to go-easy,if there is no texture,make it with a box and a ramp/stairs for the point.
Because you get lost and it gets boring too soon and all would quit.

2.Use the far clip plane and fog from the Environment settup settings because it is too slow now comparing the low amount of polygons on screen.

3.If you do not want to scale up the textures on each brush then change the default level settings and increase the Texture scale a lot.
So far the textures are not easily noticed because they look too small and many times you can not tell where a wall ends and another starts.
It is too flat,and more so because there is no lights and shading.

4.Make it jump more by increasing the jump speed,maybe the speed a little and raise the ceiling so you the head does not bump on it.
Or make the gap distance to jump towards that ladder smaller-if you have not done it already.

For the moment the level building in the rf edit editor works okay for you although it can also be a mesh although it would take time to learn model meshes in a modeler.
It could also be done and tested with bsp like now and when it is done,to import it in a modeler as 3ds to make a staticmesh for it with its smooth curves,details and all.

Note that even if you had a 3ds max, the exporters work up to version 2011.

aicd99

Post by aicd99 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:23 pm

I only have milkshape plus I find 3dmax expensive and hard to use I more of a rfeditpro level designer
anyways I am make new topic for my proposed game

Veleran

Post by Veleran » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:59 am

I model some trees for the first level.They are still flat shapes and i add and rotate the leaves polygons in a way they do not intersect each other.
I will export one by one and place them later inside RFEditPro.

Grok

Post by Grok » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:45 pm

Veleran wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:59 am
I model some trees for the first level.They are still flat shapes and i add and rotate the leaves polygons in a way they do not intersect each other.
I will export one by one and place them later inside RFEditPro.
Looks very nice and spooky

seppgirty

Post by seppgirty » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:36 am

Those are some sweet trees.nice job.
Gamer, Lover, Film maker,

http://www.chaosbrosfilms.com

Veleran

Post by Veleran » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:16 pm

The stage where you choose in which Manor levels to enter.
I could not find image host free and permanent anywhere yet,to use thumbnail hotlink .The one i had expired.
https://www.deviantart.com/velerans/art ... 1560777292

steven8

Post by steven8 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:50 am

Man, does that look awesome!
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!

Veleran

Post by Veleran » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:37 am

Thanks a lot.After i uploaded i noticed it will look more good id i also light the east upper floor window.
The yellow glass and the vitro window is a separate staticmesh with more ambient.I dont even bother painting,since i change my mind too aften so,i created shapes for the vitro and assigned a palette texture and mapping placed the glass pieces on various colors of the palette.
I thought i had the notify when someone answers a new post checked and thought no one posted sorry for the delay.

hgt_terry
RF Dev Team

Post by hgt_terry » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:12 pm

Very Impressive Good work.