Tales from Space!

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
realityfactoryusr

Tales from Space!

Post by realityfactoryusr » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:19 pm

Tales from Space! Thats not the final title but ill use it for now. This is going to be a series of very short episodic games. The tales takes place on a space colony and you play as a security guard that keeps ending up in hairy situations, hence 'Tales'. Im aiming for a cartoon style game, not hardcore, but not overly childish either.

As you can see, my modeling and texturing is state of the art, the levels will be mind blowing and the music and sound track will match. All jokes aside, I really wanted to create something for the past few months and settled on this idea and just jumped right in after coming up with some ideas for it as you can see from the images below.

These models and assets will be placeholders until I can convince someone who can make better models to build better models. I am learning how to model better and have plans to use higher polygon models next time. Anyway heres what I got so far. Please feel free to leave a message so I know im not talking to myself in cyberspace :)

realityfactoryusr

Re: Tales from Space!

Post by realityfactoryusr » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:43 pm

And here are a few rigged models, ready for animation!

Vertex

Post by Vertex » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:46 pm

I love it, you should continue to see more progress . :)
http://www.iris3dgames.com Reality Factory Spanish :wink:

realityfactoryusr

Post by realityfactoryusr » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:32 pm

Thankyou Vertex, you too, your project is coming along nicely!

This is one of the bosses. Its like a broccoli stalk or bean stalk. Did I mention this game is about mutated plantlife?

And a video clip of player being attacked by the stalks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5B2htg1iOw

More to come.

Veleran

Post by Veleran » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:25 am

Spooky,really!I just saw the video.Horror cartoon comedy is it?Your modelling is like the good old simpler 3D games or 1999-2002.I wish i too knew to work in Blender 3d but am lazy to learn the interface.

You can keep the state of the art descriptions it is fun.When you get a blog for the short games it will be official as many expect to see that htere is a blog for a developing game or they may think it is not really developing.

Forums are good but a developers blog is like an open invitation to the public to advertise possible upcoming events.

I would like some more light if possible i mean not all to be lit but some times it might be necessary to put two lights on the same spot.

Wait-this is with no light but just the default pawn built in lighting (to the side from the west) its ok,am glad that the basics are working,you can fix the lightning and atmosphere later.

How much models is it for now,a player and a couple of bad guys?