Star Wars Legends: Jedi Avenger

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
Dreben

Post by Dreben » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:53 pm

(c)2005-2006 Flying Monkey

Story:
You wake up in an unfamilliar body you can't even feel. You look around and find that in your blurred vision there are projected health meters and other various instruments.

You try to regain control over your sight and see the familiar face of Yoda Tkana and a small crowd of both technicians and Jedi behind him.

"W... where I am? I can't remember anything..." you whisper in an unfamiliar voice.

"Ben Than Jidar you are", Yoda says. "Remember, a master Jedi you are?"

"What has happened?" you ask in a faint tone.

"You have been killed in battle", a young man you remember as Kwai Gon Jin tells you, "The technicians and scientists have revived you."

"I can't feel my body... I can't feel the Force..." you say, still unconfident in your voice.

"Living you're no more, because." Yoda nods. "Even the Force bring back the dead can not. Mechanical being now you are."

"Which means, master, that to save your life we've turned you into a droid." Kwai Gon Jin says.

"Fools!" you cry in pain. "You should've let me die. I cannot be of any help without the Force..."

And, you feel your new body lift by an unknown power - or maybe just a mechanism, and your torso is fitted arms, and then, attached to a four-legged lower body...

[I'll post more later. A cyber-centaur, what do you think?]
This message won't self-destruct. The initiative is yours.

GD1

Post by GD1 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:47 pm

my advice to you is DONT!

not to say your fiction isn't good, it is. but you have a major problem. Not only is it in truth dishonest to use someone elses fiction (in this case Star Wars) but it will end up getting you a "Cease and Desist" letter and possibly a lawsuit. This is what happened in the case of "Chrono: Revolution" and several "Star Gate SG-1" mods that were in development, and would have happened with my Star Gate project would I have continued development with User_4574. If this happens you will be forced to delete all the work you have made in the hard process of development. I dont think you want to lose your hard work.

you can still work with the story. just change a few things, like names, places. write your own fiction, be creative. people like new things, not a new take on an old story that has been hashed out 50 times in books, movies, and video games.

and im sorry if that came off harsh, but those are the cold hard facts that i found out the hard way, and i dont want to see someone else make my mistakes.
Check out my band
Tougher Than Fort Knox

Dreben

Post by Dreben » Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:37 am

Okay, although nobody would bother about a Bulgarian kid making a fangame. Any other good uses for a centaurus cyborg?
This message won't self-destruct. The initiative is yours.

wackedoutbiker

Post by wackedoutbiker » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:55 pm

So what happened to the Halogen total conversion for Command and Conquer: Generals?

They don't sue fans who make mods for other games, do they?

@ Dreben: if you want to make something like that, you could make it a free flash game or something. I've seen plenty of good ones. Try searching for "resident beavis" on Google. You'll find a good example of someone who combined well-known things and got away with them.
More atrocities are committed in the name of that which is holy and righteous than that which is wicked and evil

GD1

Post by GD1 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:26 am

"Resident Beavis" can get away because its protected under freedom of speech as a parody. This is how Weird Al is able to use other people's music, because he's making fun of it. Another good example of this is Robot Chicken on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim.

I know specifically of at least 3 or 4 FREE mods that were made based on Star Gate that recieved "Cease and Desist" letters threatening lawsuits. If you wanna make a Star Wars game go ahead, it's your time and hard work.
Check out my band
Tougher Than Fort Knox

Master

Post by Master » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:04 am

I love Robot Chicken...

Vorador

Post by Vorador » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:41 pm

Здрасти Dreben и аз съм от България :shock: :D :D
(english translation: hi Dreben I'm from Bulgaria too)
"I am the harbinger of death, the night everlasting, I indulge in the crimson river of life and chant in the bellows of Tartarus, I embrace all that is dark and all that invokes thought in the shadows of the subconscious mind." -The Undead Prophecy

chec13

Post by chec13 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:17 am

although im new to game making ive still had some exp
and id say its a nice project but if u publish and u do not want to get suewd publish it through lucas arts
obi 1 has talk u well but i still can figure this out

psYco

Post by psYco » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:25 pm

yeah, um dude this one is from 2005... and i havent seen ANY of these ppl in the last year or so ive been here.

chec13

Post by chec13 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:39 pm

ooops sorry i guess ishouldve look at the date
obi 1 has talk u well but i still can figure this out