a new 3d game engine

Discuss any other topics here
scott

Post by scott »

i agree, he just commented on what he found the engine to be, it dont matter if he has used it all his life or for an hour one saturday afternoon, the point is it was his opinion, everyone is gona have a different opinion, the best way to find the answers you asked is try it your self if its at all possible, they you can say you agree or disagree (in a friendly manner)
*GD*
creeper

Post by creeper »

My reply was interpreted as confrontational? I guess I'd better start putting smilies in every post. :roll:
steven8

Post by steven8 »

creeper wrote:My reply was interpreted as confrontational? I guess I'd better start putting smilies in every post. :roll:
Yes, and this one was interpreted as sarcastic. While it is hard to convey emotions in writing, some things stand out more than others. Your last response was snippy, in a sort of 'what do you know?', kind of vein. I'm just suggesting to you that if you walk into Yankee stadium and say you just discovered this great new team call the Boston Red Sox, folks may not be so quick to say, "Oh yeah! They're great!"

Don't be so surprised by the response.
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!
incenseman2003

Post by incenseman2003 »

I downloaded this engine and it would not install. It must be in sime other language because the buttons for the installer have only question marks on them. I have no clue id it gave an error because I could not read the dialog boxes. All I know is that no matter what button I pressed it installed nothing.

I downloaded and ran the demo of "Mausoleum Of The First Qin Emperor". It ran the intro and then I got a blue screen with absolutely nothing on it at all in the window where I expected to see the rest of the demo.

As far as im concerned its a bust.

RF is still the best one for me.

EDIT: I had to install the Lite version to get it to run. I have no clue what is or isn't functional in the Lite version. I wonder if I can save my work in the Lite version.

Then redownloaded the one that didn't say that it is the unregistered but it is the same program and this time it worked.

The help docs arent much help though.
Patience and tolerance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. Even those that are the most knowledgeable started with many questions.
darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 »

steven8 wrote:
darksmaster923 wrote:no i just suck at lecturing. i did WRITE one on game design once but never said one.
You wrote a lecture on game design? Very cool. Did you write it for class? Was it graded? How did you do? Can we see it? (See how I skillfully lead up to that last one.) I'm quite serious. I'd love to read it.
no, its gone nao.
Herp derp.
Josh7356

Post by Josh7356 »

I played the game on the official website ,and I can't say that I was too impressed. It didn't seem to surpass the RF level of game design.

It is also hard to find information on this engine. The help docs don't help at all, and I can't log into the forum for some reason. I have do idea what makes the lite version different from the other.
incenseman2003

Post by incenseman2003 »

I think that they need to share allot more information about the program before I will use it. I will look at it again after some time has past and see where it has improved if at all.

Thanks for the tip though.
Patience and tolerance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. Even those that are the most knowledgeable started with many questions.
BYS

Okay for Presentations

Post by BYS »

Well I just downloaded it, starded the level editor thing, loaded the scenes and everything worked fine.

it runs very smooth on my system:

8x MultySamples @ 2048x1536 (32 bit) = 60fps, delphin scene...

system: core 2 duo @ 2.66 GHZ
2048MB Ram
Radeon 2900XT (512mb)
Windows XP sp2

I think this is more a engine for 3d Presentations than for games, still if you wanna make a presentation you should give it a try

For games use rf :wink:
I hope I dont make too many mistakes in my posts...