Can a 16bit mobo run next gen games?

Discuss any other topics here
bernie
RF Moderator

Re: Can a 16bit mobo run next gen games?

Post by bernie »

The only thing I have against dell is all the bloatware they install on all their computers.
Yes that is a downside of Dell. I agree that a lot of negativity comes from the fact that they are a big organisation and are very dominant in the market. Another thing against them is they are expensive, but they are in my view very good pc's. Like I said before I personally have had a very positive experience with them.
realityfactoryusr

Post by realityfactoryusr »

Excessive only in terms of finances. The choice between a Dell Acer or HP for 300$ or assembling a PC from scratch for 800-1000$ I did some (not alot but some) research, custom still costs more than factory built.
Juutis

Post by Juutis »

realityfactoryusr wrote:Excessive only in terms of finances. The choice between a Dell Acer or HP for 300$ or assembling a PC from scratch for 800-1000$ I did some (not alot but some) research, custom still costs more than factory built.
Wait, what? :shock:
That just doesn't make any sense to me. Why would a custom built PC cost more than an equal setup from Dell/Acer/HP? I mean, in those PC's you're paying for the parts and the assembling. If you build your own PC you're only paying for the parts. Granted, the companies may get the parts cheaper than the end-user but I still think it's cheaper to build your own PC.

I did some research too. I checked the specs of a $1000 Dell gaming PC and I could build a similar or even more powerful system with about $600-$800. I don't know if the same applies to low-end machines but they aren't suitable for gaming, anyway. And you mentioned you want to play Bio-Shock and the like...
Pain is only psychological.
MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames »

I forgot the secret to building a cheap pc from scratch. Yes you can buy a $300 machine from dell, but for the same cost you can get better components if you buy from the internet. If you purchase parts from say, Best Buy or Staples, your pc will be rather expensive. I buy all my pc parts from http://www.newegg.com. They have everything you could ever shop for at nice low prices. If you build from parts purchased from newegg with a budget limit, your pc will be better quality than HP Acer and Dell for the money. The hidden aspects of buying a computer for cheap from manufactures is that they use lower grade parts. So you may get a pc with a 200GB HDD, but its a 5400RPM drive with PATA/UATA connections and 8MB cache(Old technology). If you looked online for parts, you could get a 200GB HDD thats 7200RPM SATA 3.0GB(new technology that is much faster) connection with 16 or even 32MB cache. If you build a pc, the money you save in assembly costs enables you to pay the little bit more for say the better HDD making your pc cost the same but have better parts. These little numbers add up to huge performance differences. I built my pc for $1400 two years ago(it was a gaming pc, all new tech with best bang for the buck), and I saved roughly $300-$400 by building it myself, and I gained the improved performance of the little numbers. I looked at similar system configurations from HP and Dell at the time and I did see this much savings. The key to savings though is knowing what little numbers to look at with hardware to find out which exactly you should buy. I spent 3 hours a day for a month researching the numbers of hardware to find out which parts I would need to buy. It is very possible to build a better pc for less than manufactures.
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.