Temporary Leave Sign Out Sheet

Discuss any other topics here
MakerOfGames

Temporary Leave Sign Out Sheet

Post by MakerOfGames » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:11 pm

The forums are now buzzing more than ever. New users are showing up and people are showing off their games. With all this I must let everyone know that I will be taking a short leave of the forums. I do not mean to damper the buzz but the forums are distracting me from my game project. I am taking this leave in hopes of returning with some good game content that will help sustain the new highly active state of the forums. If anyone else should decide to take a leave please dig up this thread and post that your leaving.

MakerOfGames
Signing Out on July 6th 2006
Estimated Return Date: July 14th 2006

See everyone in a week.
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.

AndyCR

Post by AndyCR » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:29 pm

Have fun! :D

steven8

Post by steven8 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:40 am

A hiatus for work, eh? :D This is good! This is what we want. We want people to see and know that things are being made with RF. Come back with lots of pretty pictures!!!!!

I will be gone all weekend, starting saturday and returning Monday. We have to go to Pennsylvania for my wife's cousin's fiftieh wedding anniversary!! I'm tellin' ya. . .that rocks!! I look forward to our fiftieth with glee!! :D

MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:09 pm

I'm not coming back just yet... I still plan to not stop by here again untill friday, but I needed a question answered. Please find my new topic called Need help with my HUD.
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.

MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:15 pm

I'm back! I got a good amount of content made in the past week and a half. Made 6 desktops with my game title(no graphics yet...). I also made some nice HUD mock ups and am now going to make modifications to them. Started modeling a low polygon soldier twice.( the first time wasnt low polygon enough so I scrapped and started work on another one of the games characters) And to top it all off, I finished my game story. Not bad, IMO for a week and a half. Not much to see though, I am working to get 3D content completed now that the story is done. Screens will come at some point.

I must note that even though I am back, I will wont be on as much as I used to...which to me was A LOT. I will be here often enough, but I found that when I sit down at my computer I have this urge to go on the RF forums instead of working on my game. I hope that this practice will greatly increase the speed of development for me.

EDIT: @ steven8: I hope those pretty pictures come soon too :wink: . I didn't bring any with me this time. However, as soon as I finish some more things up I would love to do a nice big information dump to show what I have been up to all this time I have been a member of the RF community. I feel like I have done what Andy has and exposed myself too soon... Ok, back to work.

EDIT EDIT: My 250th post! WOW!
Think outside the box.

steven8

Post by steven8 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:43 pm

It sounds to me as though you have made great progress. That is excellent!! The pretty pictures will come in time, but you have begun to focus on your project again. That is all important. It will be finished.

You are not alone in fighting the urge to visit the forum rather than work. I have to avoid the internet altogether, or I get nothing done. For me it is the forum(s) and the eternal search for very cool freeware. :lol:

We will be here for you when you need us. Just let us know!!
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!

steven8

Post by steven8 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:06 am

I have to sign out for today. I have much work to do and it is going to be a long day.

I will try to get some texture files uploaded today as well. I'll be back online tonight after I get to work. 9:00 pm EST.

steven8

Post by steven8 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:25 am

I will be gone for the next 3 days. Webelo day camp, and I am the Webelo leader. it's maybe going to rain tomorrow. . .so that could get interesting. :roll:

Wish me luck!! See you in 3 days. . .

MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames » Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:35 am

Wow! I am an Eagle Scout, so I have been there done that! As a scout that is, not the leader :lol: . Good Luck!
Think outside the box.

steven8

Post by steven8 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:22 am

An eagle Scout. Wow! One of the scouts helping with camp was working on his eagle. It was a very good camp. The boys had a lot of fun, although I have become quite the grumpy and intolerent leader. You have to keep order when you are responsible for 10 kids. You can't just have everyone doing whatever they wish. The buddy system is critical, and we must all listen to the people in charge of the stations.

*sigh*. . .I have become such an old man. : - )

steven8

Post by steven8 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:28 am

An eagle Scout. Wow! One of the scouts helping with camp was working on his eagle. It was a very good camp. The boys had a lot of fun, although I have become quite the grumpy and intolerent leader. You have to keep order when you are responsible for 10 kids. You can't just have everyone doing whatever they wish. The buddy system is critical, and we must all listen to the people in charge of the stations.

*sigh*. . .I have become such an old man. : - )

MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:02 pm

Yeah, I know what its like trying to keep charge of many younger scouts. As an eagle scout I have to help lead my troop. Its sometimes painful to get everyone in line, but its alot of fun.

EDIT: You double posted :wink:
Think outside the box.

steven8

Post by steven8 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:16 am

I double posted because the internet was acting totally goofy at work last night. It told me the post failed, so I hit re-load, and it posted it twice. Goofy, I tell ya!

scott

Post by scott » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:23 pm

im also leaving for a week, my girlfriends parents going on holiday and she has 5 cats too look after so i said i would stop with her for the week, i have got access to the internet there but when i log in it fails first time, i belive its due to aol, and so then because it faild to log in first time when i do log in it marks all posts as read and this is a real pain becasue im not sure of what i have checked and what i havnt, so i still have the chance to post but not sure if i will.
*GD*

SithMaster

Post by SithMaster » Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:14 am

Sithmaster signing out for a week while im in school and try and find a job. though ill still be working on some models especially the one i said i would upload for the community.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.