MakerOfGames Game Thread [*56K WARNING*]

Discuss any other topics here
Agentarrow

Re: MakerOfGames Game Thread [*56K WARNING*]

Post by Agentarrow » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:46 pm

brick could be a little browner, less red to it but overall very pleasing.
AgentArrow Home
The greater good is but a point of view...

MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:58 pm

Thanks for the input. Unfortunately, my college courses are picking up before the end of the semester in early December so I will have very little time to devote to my project. I will be working on modeling one of the characters along with a weapon and possibly some generic objects such as crates and barrels, and ammo cases. Personally I am tired of crates and barrels as in reality, they are rarely found. Anyhow, I will continue to try to work on my project but I most likely will not have anything to show again until mid to late December.
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.

Agentarrow

Post by Agentarrow » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:46 pm

rather than crates and barrels, have things like trash cans, or have buildings like ammo depots where you can refill
AgentArrow Home
The greater good is but a point of view...

MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:39 am

Good ideas there AA. I will be looking into all sorts of alternatives. Mostly, it will just be a lack of barrels and crates lying around. I will be making all sorts of random objects that will be sitting around and all will be logically tied in to the scene. Warehouses will have the dreaded overused crates and possibly a barrel or two, but generally, you won't find them anywhere else.

Ammo will be interesting, you will have to stock up at a barracks before you start your mission and if you need more, you will have to call in an air drop to get more supplies, or if you are with a group of soldiers return to the supply truck or camp. This adds a completely new element to the game. Also, you won't find your factions specific weapon ammo lying around, so you will end up having to steal enemy weapons if you don't want to expose yourself with an air drop that enemies will see. It will be an interesting blend of realism for an added tactical experience.
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.

MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:04 pm

I have neglected this for quite some time, but I am trying to get back into this project. This time I have almost scrapped everything again. This time for the betterment of the story. From reading(I will post in it sooner or later) the Video Game Crash thread, I have decided that my storyline and much about my game was just another halo, half-life, gears of war where its just aliens and humans fighting. Only gameplay was going to be original so I am working on retooling the entire story. Only items left are the character designs and weapons I have designed. Most of this thread is now void. I will try to keep everyone informed of progress when I make it. I have been rather busy lately with life and college so this has yet again been put on the back burner. I haven't given up though. Now my whole project will be a surprise when I release info on it :wink:. Hopefully I can get something done on this project sooner or later :roll: .
Think outside the box.

MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:27 am

After some though I have decided that I would like to formally retire this thread. Under current circumstances in my life I have very little time currently to devote to this project. This however does not mean that I am stopping development. I would just like to announce that no further announcements will be made on this project until I feel that I can regularly develop my game. Whatever progress will be made will be kept secret until further notice. I would like to note that if this trend continues, I will only announce the finished game sometime in the next 5-10 years :lol: . Either way, too much of my project has changed that all of the information in this thread is void. Only upon completing substantial amounts of work will I consider posting any more information. This information will be in a new thread that can explain the new direction and vision that I have for this project. I regret that I have been unable to show the signs of progress that I have promised in this thread. I eagerly await the day when I can show my vision and work to all of you.
Think outside the box.