websites

Discuss any other topics here
scott

websites

Post by scott » Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:33 am

any good websites with tuturials to explain the different functions in RF edit pro like the difference between sun, sunlight and SunLight and what all the other enitities do.
*GD*

SithMaster

Post by SithMaster » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:16 am

I think u might mean the rf 071 manual. I downloaded it yestersummer. Not sure if it has the difference between the Sunlight entities but it has useful stuff for most entities.

SithMaster

Post by SithMaster » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:26 am

Okay the manual is almost 3 mb and the limit to upload is 256kb. If you really want the manual i could email it to you.

scott

Post by scott » Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:27 am

thnx thats ok i have the manual, it isnt what i want tho it explains a most of the entities, but it dosnt give you practical help on how to use them and how to get different effect by using certain enities some like the skydome confuse me, a good website that i leaned all of what i know about RF was linked from the genesis website, it was http://www.jlstsi.com it still says under construction because it hasnt been finished and it looks like it wil never be as well, but most of it is there but RF had more functions added compared ot Genesis3D, so i could use a website like that one on the new entities.

ooo there is an RFEpro part i missed, taking along time to load even on broadband, if its anything like the website i just mention whooooo!!!

nope just comes up with an error for me.
*GD*

SithMaster

Post by SithMaster » Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:57 am

Try doing a google search for reality factory books. Theres a site called bookshock that has a ebook. I heard it was the place to go for scripting and such and it might have the entities. Also if nothing fruitful comes up try experimenting with the different entities and see how they differ.

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:16 am

Okay the manual is almost 3 mb and the limit to upload is 256kb. If you really want the manual i could email it to you.
sorry I had to set the limit for attachements that low but for now there's only 100MB storage space for the whole site. If the site runs fine I will try to get more space so I can also set a higher file size limit for the forum...
thnx thats ok i have the manual, it isnt what i want tho it explains a most of the entities, but it dosnt give you practical help on how to use them and how to get different effect by using certain enities some like the skydome confuse me,...
the manual just describes the meaning of the different entries of the entities
how exactly the entries influence the appearance/function is somtimes very obvious in other cases rather complex, so your best bet would be to look at demos (a lot of them are on hike1's site http://terrymorgan.net/download.htm ) and just play around with the settings

scott

Post by scott » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:57 am

i have looked at the website....... so many demos and stuff, any suggestions.
*GD*

hike1
RF FAQ-Keeper

Post by hike1 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:31 am

Get wrldedit.zip off
http://terrymorgan.net/download.htm and the 3
worldeditor tutorials, hit 'ctrl-f' to search the page.

RF FAQ http://terrymorgan.net/rffaq.zip

scott

Post by scott » Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:35 pm

i downloaded the three tuturials, i searched the page but couldnt find wrldedit.zip there was a worldedit.zip but the link dosnt work.
thnx for yuor time but if you could email it to me at scottjones999@msn.com it would be helpful :)

ps just opend rffaq and most the downloads relate to the old website, will these be transferd to this website? or if not where can i get them from?
*GD*

hike1
RF FAQ-Keeper

Post by hike1 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:46 pm

world editor 2 is in the tools.zip

Essentials

maindirectory.zip- (2.2MB)-The main directory of RF, goes under /realityfactory, you still need the .exe below.

Reality Factory Home Page- Forum-as of July 4, 2005

GBSPLib03302005.zip 495k The GBSPlib.dll fix of 3/30/2005, not quite sure what it fixes. this goes in realityfactory/tools

Genesis_03102005.zip 5MB- Genesis source code, compile with MSVC 6.

Update072a.zip (1.3MB)-Latest Reality factory Executable, goes in /realityfactory, gameentitydatatypes.h goes in /realityfactory/source

Reality factory FAQ-(500K) Frequently Asked Questions

tools.zip (4.4MB) everything in the Reality Factory Tools directory minus the horrid RFedit. Goes in /realityfactory/tools

icons.zip (121k) - the little tags id'ng entities in the editors, for World editor put them under realityfactory/source/icons; for RF edit pro

Dru

Post by Dru » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:13 pm

Genesis3d.com/~wog

i think there is something in there about sunlight.