can someone help me please!!!!!

Discuss any other topics here
scott

can someone help me please!!!!!

Post by scott » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:19 pm

i know this hasnt anything to do with RF but i know this is a good forum and i dont know of any others. anyway my problem........... my mouse keeps playing up, it works but after a while it stops responding for a few seconds, then works fine, and then stops again, and works again.... u get the point. I thought it might be a virus not having a virus scaner i formated my HDD and this still never helped me. i then tried searching for updated drivers and there wasnt any, i then took the mouse apart and made sure that there wasnt any dust, cleaned the ports to make sure there was no dust between the connections, this still never sorted my problem, and about this time i noticed that it seems to be ok when i start my computer and gets worse, like it could be somthing to do with it geting too hot, but thats all i have thought of and tried. its only a year old and came with my computer.

i havnt got another mouse to try or another computer to try the mouse on.

any help would be goodand i can then start making my game again.
*GD*

Master

Post by Master » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:59 am

Is your mouse wireless? Mine is and it does the same thing when the batteries are running low.

AndyCR

Post by AndyCR » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:28 am

as he said, it may sound obvious, but when batteries last a long time you tend to forget the device uses them, could be that... also, try it on another pc, see if it does it on that...

Spyrewolf

Post by Spyrewolf » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:40 am

if your mouse is an older one serial port type / not USB

check to see if any of the pins are bent mine did the same thing till i noticed the the pins were bent once i straightned them out the problem was fixed.

scott

Post by scott » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:02 pm

nope not wireless, nad ist PS/2 slot, pins are ok.

i couldnt get it to work so i went out and got a new usb one and it seems to be ok so thnx anyway
*GD*

Kamazy

Post by Kamazy » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:06 pm

Yea that happened to me to but my PC Stoped responding at all. did you try removing from the hardware and reinstaling it i'm not sure why my got fixed maybe it get fixed alone after a 2-3 days. If that's not it do what i did the second time throw the mouse out the balcone and get a new one. :lol:

scott

Post by scott » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:22 pm

that would of been my next step but the PS/2 slot for keybored and mouse are intergrated into the mother board. (god dam it dell, they need to learn how to put a computer to gether, lol)
*GD*