Hi I'm the new girl :)

Discuss any other topics here
scott

Post by scott »

i would be so greatful if you could, i mean i have been looking for conept artist for about 7 months, sort of had given up on finding them, but the best way to find out about my game as it contains ALL the resources for it would be to sign up to this site.
http://www.gameflood.com
its free and its from the same people who created http://www.turbosquid.com, very popular modeling website for any kind.
then join my team to get access to all the story, all the suport documents, all the models (mostly ms3d) and everything else that i havnt mentiond
or if this is too much i could jus send you a couple of word documents, up to you, i would be so greatful for any help
gona send you a pm with things i would like drawn.
*GD*
Agentarrow

Hey scott, could I make a deal with you?

Post by Agentarrow »

Listen, If I did some concept art too (then you would have two artists, and my pictures have gotten better than what you've seen so far) I want to ask you to create some of the actors for my game, like, Create the models for Zeth White and Zeth black (which is really one model textured twice) and the alien robot things in my game. Reply with whether we have a deal, I promise to do the best job I can do, and won't give up on you like your other artists. and since you sound like you're pretty good at modeling and I absolutely suck at modeling, this might be beneficial for both of us.
AgentArrow Home
The greater good is but a point of view...
scott

Post by scott »

half deal, sounds very interesting however i would like some concept art of the character first, im not the best a character modeling yet but i am imporiving, if you get some concept art then we have a deal and i see what i can do. also will need a poly count limit.
*GD*
Agentarrow

Joining your team

Post by Agentarrow »

I'm going to join your team on the site, bu how do I do it, i did a people search for "scott" is that right?
AgentArrow Home
Agentarrow

What's a poly count limit

Post by Agentarrow »

I told you, I absolutely suck at character modeling, and I don't know any terminology, so I'll ask you, what is a poly count limit?
AgentArrow Home
scott

Post by scott »

when making anything 3d, they are made of triangles, these triangles are used to form shapes, like a cube, you have 2 pollygons per side to make a square, and you have 6 sides, so a simple cube uses 12 polygons, with more complex shapes they use more polygons.

the more polygons used means more calculations for feild of dpeth and light and so on that is used on each pollygon, this has to be calcualted every frame at 30 frames pers second in most cases.

a game can normaly have about 10000 - 1000000 at one time, depending on the target computer and what else you are running with the models eg. texturs, shaders such as bump maps, ocian waves like the tutorial thats in the level design forum.
*GD*
Agentarrow

Post by Agentarrow »

gotcha, well realistically, I think virgil probably has about 2000, right? so I would thinkno more than 3 or 4 thousand, is that realistic? or not?
AgentArrow Home
darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 »

virgil has 800 polys. for characters it depends on how many ppl you want on the screen. 1-5 chars is like 2000 polys, 6-8 chars 1000 etc
Herp derp.
Agentarrow

800, right

Post by Agentarrow »

If virgil has 800, then 2000 is a realistic limit. Do you have to work poly by poly?
AgentArrow Home
scott

Post by scott »

not exactly, you get things called premitive, these are boxes, spheres, cylinders and such, you edit these polys for the more exact shape.
*GD*
Agentarrow

2000 it is

Post by Agentarrow »

well, 2000 is a good limit since tyhe only time i have more than a few people on screen is when I have basic characters to represent Terra Troopers. Also, I got a computer model, but it won't work in my game any idea? it is an actor file, and I put in a static entity proxy and made the actor model PC.act, which is its name. yet, when I play, the desk nis empty!
AgentArrow Home
Juutis

Post by Juutis »

Agentarrow wrote:If virgil has 800, then 2000 is a realistic limit. Do you have to work poly by poly?
scott wrote:not exactly, you get things called premitive, these are boxes, spheres, cylinders and such, you edit these polys for the more exact shape.
Yeah, you don't have to add every polygon seperately, but when using primitives the models tend to have many unneeded polygons. And when modeling a character for a game you should aim for the least possible polygons. Especially with RF. At least that's how I feel, and so I personally avoid using primitives. Adding each polygon manually takes a lot more time, but it's worth it.
Pain is only psychological.
scott

Post by scott »

i normaly use primatives, then go through them moving each vertex (if needed) and deleting the ones that are not needed, i havnt tried single polly modeling, im normaly good with primatives so havnt had the need to try.
*GD*
JTbombs

Post by JTbombs »

hay sorry I havent be on in some time Im in newyork I was called away on unexpected buisness and wont be back for about a week sorry about that Im in a cafe right now I'll be back and ready to roll when I get home though
Agentarrow

Good to hear from ya!

Post by Agentarrow »

Hey JT! it's good to hear from you. I thought you disappeared or something. Do you need more time? Because I'm trying to relaunch my site, but I want to have your pictures on the site.
AgentArrow Home