web address

Discuss any other topics here
jonas

web address

Post by jonas » Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:31 pm

Hey QuestofDreams have you considerd using a url redirecting service? One Ive found was http://www.cjb.net it so inless someone has register this name it would be realityfactory.cjb.net! Just a thought because I find it hard to all ways remember dhost.info/realityfactory
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:00 pm

Realityfactory.ca still redirects us here, so really there's not much point, is there? I understand your concern (and I'm in no position to say no) but it shouldn't be too hard to remember. May take a little while, but that's what bookmarks are for! ... Okay, that was just corny... Meh...
(\/)
(Oo)
(><)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination! Thank you.

gekido

that's basically what the rf.ca url does -

Post by gekido » Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:03 am

There are actually dozens of 'old' domains that we've had over the years with the RF site - i've maintained most of the old sites, but search engine's still find links to ancient urls' that we used to have, all of which point to the rf.ca website.

In the end, the more url changes and url updates that end up happening, the more confused people end up being. For this reason, we're going to keep the rf.ca website registered for the indefinite future - i can redirect it wherever necessary if things should change in the future again.

If you aren't aware, you can just click the RF logo when you go to realityfactory.ca - you don't need to scroll down to the text link...just thought i'd point that out - both the RF images are linked to this site.

jonas

Post by jonas » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:25 am

sorry I didn't think about clicking on the logo! that will be easyer then scrolling down to the link!
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack

gekido

hmm....

Post by gekido » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:10 am

i'll update the page with 'enter site' links instead of just the images...didn't occur to me until you mentioned it that people might not think of clicking the image...

MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames » Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:56 am

Just add RF and the RF forums to your web browser favorites.
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.

Dru

Post by Dru » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:54 pm

ah well.
i set one up for RF because i cant be bothered to type it
http://www.realityfactory.ne1.net

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:39 pm

actually I don't really want to use another url, it's a short domain name and dhost is giving us the server space and bandwith (currently 100MB, 300GB) without any ads for free, so it deserves remembering the name at least :wink:

gekido

adding 'enter site' links to the realityfactory.ca page

Post by gekido » Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:32 am

added a text link with 'enter site' on the main rf site for people that don't realize that the rf images are links to this site, so you can go to the normal realityfactory.ca url.

realistically, the more links that we have pointing to this website around the net, the better - helps for search engine ranks, helps for popularity etc - so hey, tell all your friends to link to the rf site and it can only help spread the word & build the community...

GD1

Post by GD1 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:05 pm

strange, i keep getting a "www.realityfactory.ca cant be found" message from my browser. i probably just need to restart.
Check out my band
Tougher Than Fort Knox

AndyCR

Post by AndyCR » Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:10 pm

yep, i cant access it either, strange... it appears to be down...

GD1

Post by GD1 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:41 pm

it's back up now.
Check out my band
Tougher Than Fort Knox

SithMaster

Post by SithMaster » Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:33 pm

Just do what i do make the rf page your homepage. I've had the old site as my homepage then changed it to this one as soon as i saw it was up. Or just add to favorites.