WE ARE AT WAR

Discuss any other topics here
bernie
RF Moderator

Re: WE ARE AT WAR

Post by bernie » Fri May 16, 2008 11:19 pm

Well I've got some castle stuff and we can use the pub, cottage and church from my talisman game if you want. That would be a good start I think (or is that cheating? anyway all's fair in love and war so they say). Oh, and I made a spiral staircase a while ago, I think I still have it. What's the time scale for all this to happen?

Zidane

Post by Zidane » Sat May 17, 2008 4:10 pm

And the winner is.....

The RF Spanish !! xD

gogo92

Post by gogo92 » Sat May 17, 2008 8:12 pm

We are the champions, my friends... And we'll keep on fighting, till the end... We are the champions, of the world!!

We're gonna win the war (ups! I mean the contest :D )

fps
Location: in a magical land devoid of hope, happiness, and sanity.

Post by fps » Mon May 19, 2008 9:04 pm

WHATS GOING ON HERE!
1 wrote:
for the internet is a cruel and dark place at times, and there's sex and blood everywhere.

2 wrote:
You say that like it's a bad thing.

1 wrote:
You are a bad thing.

Danimita92

Post by Danimita92 » Mon May 19, 2008 10:57 pm

Everybody in the Spanish community say the same thing. They want to change the rules. Actually they mostly want to take away most of them. We want more liberty. A max amount of levels, a theme to base our own stories on, or a simple story, and that's it. No "no monsters" nor "three cutscenes" or anything like that. It's just too much. And we also want a time limit, if you could give us one. :D

Jay
RF Dev Team

Post by Jay » Tue May 20, 2008 10:38 am

I will join the troops! For the glory of RF!

I'll help with scripts.

Oh, and i may also want to be in the game, i am some guy you can talk to who gives you some tips about how the game works, etc.
Everyone can see the difficult, but only the wise can see the simple.
-----

vrageprogrammer

Post by vrageprogrammer » Tue May 20, 2008 7:20 pm

Graphics and Cutscenes?
What am I here for :D :D :D :D
It was not Possible to determine the dimensions of the image....

Matte

Post by Matte » Tue May 20, 2008 7:59 pm

I would help, but since everybody is acting like crazy guys that escaped from the local institute for "GDGC" ("Game developers gone crazy"), I can't make anything out of it. So what do we need to do?

jonas

Post by jonas » Wed May 21, 2008 1:00 am

I don't believe I have to much going on this summer... Count me in :D I agree we need a time limit... too long and we won't get it done, and it'll end up like the four elements challenge. Which I believe is close to nothing happening, at least visibly. Now for the questions :lol: What kind of cutscenes? No Monsters? What are the foes? etc etc... So pretty much more info please?
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack

gogo92

Post by gogo92 » Wed May 21, 2008 1:55 am

We need less rules.

Agree with Danimita92.

Juutis

Post by Juutis » Fri May 23, 2008 7:38 pm

Hehe, this sure sounds fun! :D

Fun enough for me to model myself! So, modern weapons, aye? I could be a guy in my combat gear with my primary weapon, the APILAS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/APILAS). Is there a polygon count I should go for?
Pain is only psychological.

scott

Post by scott » Sun May 25, 2008 2:21 pm

i would be willing to help out a little, i have always wanted to make a drivable car in RF, if someone could help me out with scripting i know i can do it, also other things like planes and helicopters should all be possible i belive, so if someone is willing to help out with a little bit of scripting knowledge then i would love to give it a shot.

a drivable car in an RF game would make us win hands down, unless they come up with something extrodanary :P

i would be willing to model myself possibly but im not to keen on the voice over, one thing i hate about myself, all of this would be beneficial to me as it would help me some in my owwn project.

the thing i need to know for cars and such is where you define the speed and direction of the player upon key press, this would most likely be in the player.ini i think i could have a workable car in a few days with a little help

then we can fit all kinds of modern weapons to them (tank comes to mind :D)
*GD*