The RealityFactory IRC Channel

Discuss any other topics here
Juutis

The RealityFactory IRC Channel

Post by Juutis » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:15 pm

We've set up an IRC (internet relay chat) channel on the freenode server with Jonas and Ardentcrest. We have a cool bot and the channel is registered to us. Now all we need is you guys to come chat with us.

The channel is #realityfactory
And the server is irc.freenode.net

There are a couple of ways to get to the channel:
1.) Use a separate client program like mIRC. So download it and connect to the server, either with the options (tools -> options -> server) or with the command '/server irc.freenode.net'. Then join the channel with the command '/join #realityfactory'. Now you're ready to start chatting with us! If you have problems connecting, just post a reply and I'll write a more detailed guide.

2.) With Chatzilla or a similar web browser add-on. Just enter the URL [url]irc://irc.freenode.net/realityfactory[/url] and you're there.

3.) Via Ardentcrest's site: http://filestore.rfcommunity.0lx.net. Just click 'IRC Chat Room' on the top of the page.

I'm hoping to see you guys there. :)

**EDIT**
I'd really like to see this topic stickied. 'Cause I'd really really really want to see this thing happen, as do Jonas and Ardent.
Pain is only psychological.

Allanon

Re: The RealityFactory IRC Channel

Post by Allanon » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:14 am

You can also use this Java based IRC client that works from a browser:

http://www.jwirc.com/chat.html

Matte

Post by Matte » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:01 pm

Gonna give it a try right now!

sankha93

Post by sankha93 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:46 am

How is IRC different from a normal chat?
sankha93

LtForce

Post by LtForce » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:20 pm

sankha93 wrote:How is IRC different from a normal chat?

Depending on what you call a "normal" chat
Lithuanians for Georgia!

jonas

Post by jonas » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:13 pm

sankha93 wrote:How is IRC different from a normal chat?
If you mean normal chat as in msn and stuff like that, its a lot different. Many people are able to talk at once. I think this could be useful for people in a pinch while using rf. Instead of waiting for days for a decent response they could head into the irc and see if someone there could assist them. Not to mention its a good place to hang out and talk about games and ect...
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack

LtForce

Post by LtForce » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:30 pm

The only regular people there are Jonas, Juttis, sometimes Paradox, me and rf-bot. Come on, people, join in.
Last edited by LtForce on Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lithuanians for Georgia!

zany_001

Post by zany_001 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:48 am

If this was stickied it would maybe become more popular, or even if there was a link on the site or forum somewhere easy to access.*hint*
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.

jonas

Post by jonas » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:06 am

zany_001 wrote:If this was stickied it would maybe become more popular, or even if there was a link on the site or forum somewhere easy to access.*hint*
Possibly... But this thread has went one month with out a post. I'm thinking some communities irc channels work better for then others. We could very well be one of those that it just will not work for. :|
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack

Juutis

Post by Juutis » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:03 pm

Thanks, QoD (or whoever pinned this)! I really appreciate it.
Possibly... But this thread has went one month with out a post. I'm thinking some communities irc channels work better for then others. We could very well be one of those that it just will not work for.
Yeah, could be. I also believe that people aren't that familiar with IRC and so it's kinda hard to come there. And then there's the time differences as we have users from all around the world. But still I'd love to see more people chatting there. Don't be shy guys. :)

PS. Haven't seen you online in ages, jonas. I miss you. :(
Pain is only psychological.

jonas

Post by jonas » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:12 am

Juutis wrote:PS. Haven't seen you online in ages, jonas. I miss you. :(
My irc client expired! :( I didn't even know I was running a trial version. But i'm back to using chatzilla for firefox so I will be back on there on a more regular basis!

Also many thanks to whoever stickied(or what ever the past tense for stickies is :lol: ) this. :mrgreen:
Jonas

Sorington

Post by Sorington » Mon May 04, 2009 8:02 pm

just connected to it lol

zany_001

Post by zany_001 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:32 pm

People, to make this easier, you can just click and bookmark this link. http://java.freenode.net//index.php?cha ... ityfactory
It gets lonely there when it's just me and a drunk juutis talking about boobs.
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.

jonas

Post by jonas » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:16 am

I used to auto join when I got on the computer. I guess I should set that up again. :D
Jonas

jonas

Post by jonas » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:28 pm

I don't get on here much any more, but I still idle in irc.

My nick on freenode now is geekgonecrazy.

Been a while since i've talked to any of you guys.
Jonas