Hello new user here

Discuss any other topics here
RageDeux

Hello new user here

Post by RageDeux » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:12 pm

Hello all nice to be here !
Well i could not find an introductions page so i thought i would post it in general....

Admittedly i dont know any thing about game creation but by the look's of the forum it wont take me long. :D
I have been looking at various Game engine's etc for a while and come to the conclusion that this looks the best
especially starting out knowing nothing !

So im going to jump right the deep end and try (doggypaddle) :lol:

ardentcrest

Re: Hello new user here

Post by ardentcrest » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:19 pm

Hi this is the best place to start.

Just remember if you need something, first do a search (what you need has been asked before, time and time again :wink: ), and then if that was no help post.

You will have hours. NO. Days. NO. YEARS of fun with RF.

Hope you stay around and show what you can do with RF.

and just injoy.
He's a Bot Jim, But not as we know It.

MakerOfGames

Re: Hello new user here

Post by MakerOfGames » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:08 pm

Hello! Welcome to the forums!

As ardentcrest stated, if you have any questions feel free to ask. Technical information about how to do things in RF are documented in the forums here so a search may find just what you're looking for. Now for information on design that's another story, I have been working on game making for 6 years now and studied all sorts of information from these forums here and other sites. There is a lot to learn about the games industry and if you have any questions feel free to ask. Mainly my research and education has come from being self taught through observation, RF and a site called www.gamedev.net. They have all the articles on pretty much anything you want to know about game design and how to make games and get into the game industry. Hope that helps you out.
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.