how do you design characters or actors?

Discuss any other topics here
flapjack

how do you design characters or actors?

Post by flapjack » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:34 pm

i have tried using actor viewer wich is the only thing involving the actor that came with the download of reality factory i want to make an actor to put in this game let me no if you no any of this or if you no how to make hallways

GMer

Re: how do you design characters or actors?

Post by GMer » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:01 pm

For actors, use a modeling program.
To make hallways, read the manual.
Next time use the search feature before making threads about such basic stuff, ok? :D Google is your friend, too!
Over 3 years (has it been that long?) and just now I noticed the day and month of my birthday were switched. Whoops!

Some 2d games I made, haven't made anything in a year though O.o
http://www.yoyogames.com/users/GMer56

MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:05 pm

The correct answer is to use a AStudio in the tools folder of Reality Factory. However first you must use a 3D modeling program to create a character and save each separate animation into its own object file that is supported by AStudio. You have the player or whatever you want to make an actor, saved with separate animations(meaning one file containing a walk, one for run, one for ladder climb etc...) Then the AStudio program will take each of these files and associate them with names you choose so you can call the animations through a scripted player of the default player object. If you use the default player, you need to use the default animation names. I hope that gives you a little more clarity with how to go about it.
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.

Jay
RF Dev Team

Post by Jay » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:17 pm

Well i would not use ActorStudio, i would use Equity instead (because it's much more flexible), but overall that is the right way to do so
Everyone can see the difficult, but only the wise can see the simple.
-----

MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:41 pm

Ah yes, there is equity I haven't actually went hands on with RF in a long while, so I forgot there are a few new tools. But yes Equity from what I have heard is a lot better.
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.