Google Wave

Discuss any other topics here
zany_001

Google Wave

Post by zany_001 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:14 am

Anyone have an account? What are you thoughts? I have a spare invite if anyone wants one, although it'd be nice if you used some of the 8 invites for RF people :P

Anyway, my first impressions. It lags a bit. Quite a bit, with over ten people in a wave, especially a large wave. I expect it to get faster, as it's only a preview(aka beta) ATM. It's also annoying that anyone can edit other people's posts/msgs, once they've been invited. I expect that there will be a moderation option released soon, that lets the wave creator mod it, plus people he adds to the mod list.

Cool things were the gadgets, and seeing people's messages as they typed. As for usability, it's a step above traditional IMing. Not sure whether it can replace forums. Yet. But I can see it replacing IMing and email and blogging.
One thing I want to see is a nicer way to manage group projects. Perhaps i missed something, but there isn't an easy way to do the multiple-people-editing-a-file at once thing.
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.

jonas

Re: Google Wave

Post by jonas » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:19 am

Its pretty sweet! I have 18 invite sitting around if anyone wants one?
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack

zany_001

Post by zany_001 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:14 am

lol, you made extra gmails for invites? :P I made one too :P
True story.

darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:34 am

I'm up for an invite
Herp derp.

jonas

Post by jonas » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:06 pm

zany_001 wrote:lol, you made extra gmails for invites? :P I made one too :P
Nope! I got my invite directly from google. I had 10 left then they added another 8. Not sure why. :lol:
darksmaster923 wrote:I'm up for an invite
Shoot me a PM with the email you want it sent to and i'll invite you. 8)
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack

zany_001

Post by zany_001 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:03 am

Started a RF wave. You can find it by searching for with:public title:reality factory
True story.