How is everyone?

Discuss any other topics here
FODCOM

How is everyone?

Post by FODCOM » Tue May 14, 2019 2:34 am

I am busy with other technological topics, but learning Reality Factory on the side of course. I was wondering how everyone is doing? I am willing to learn more about this program and start making tutorial videos so I can get some people using it again. This program defined everything for me. It even got me into working out.

aicd99

Re: How is everyone?

Post by aicd99 » Fri May 17, 2019 6:14 am

Hey Im going good yeah please make video tutorials, I'm working on my project using RF. I am still waiting for a Reality Factory 0.78.0 final release stable. To transfer my project onto there. I'd pay for the development if I have to and to keep it alive

seppgirty

Post by seppgirty » Sun May 19, 2019 10:44 pm

tutorials are always welcomed. I still mess with RF from time to time. With the new equity model importer, it's very easy to get models RF ready.
Gamer, Lover, Film maker,

http://www.chaosbrosfilms.com

hgt_terry
RF Dev Team

Post by hgt_terry » Wed May 22, 2019 5:21 pm

Hi everyone who is still around.

Maybe it could be possible for us to do a game say a level each or something like that it would be great if Bernie could take part and chair the idea.

Just a thought but it would group those that remain and be a bit of fun no pressure or silly commitments but we maybe collaborate.
Maybe we could log it in some way as a means to a Tutorial.

Thanks
Terry

ardentcrest

Post by ardentcrest » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:14 pm

I be still alive :D
He's a Bot Jim, But not as we know It.

bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie » Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:00 am

I am also Still alive and kicking

ardentcrest

Post by ardentcrest » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:47 am

You still on the Fiddle Bernie :D

bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:42 pm

Yes still playing the fiddle but only at home for the duration of the plague. Even though Ive been triple vaccinated I don't feel safe going out yet. The vaccine doesn't stop people catching it and passing it on. I just can't see how the covid cert can work, it just doesn't appear to protect anyone. The problem is I'm in a very vulnerable category, that is, my age and underlying medical problems so going out is a no no.
But it's not all doom and gloom, there are medicines now that are being worked on that look promising, so I've no doubt a cure is on the way.

rtxa

Post by rtxa » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:04 am

hello guys, i'm new in the forum, i'm still trying to work on adding support for a new modern level editor for Genesis3d (Reality factory, entidad 3d, etc.), the name is Trenchbroom, I'm having issues with a lacking of programming experience but I'll have ready a new update before christmas. Check out right here in the official genesis3d forum: https://www.genesis3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25

Veleran

Post by Veleran » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:39 pm

How did i miss this post,i dont know.Hey Bernie,nice to see you again,and the others.Do you still have old project files?I plan to put the old pc hard drive that got its windows 7 crashed, put it in the new one,and try salvage RF files and other,like textures and Max scenes with the guidance of my brother through discord.
I hope everyone back up their old RF project files on time.

Retro 3D games that look like RF are stil being developed and puplished,and if they have nice gameplay,been playtested enough and have enough levels to spend your time,it can be fun for many gamers online,that still play old look games.

Bernie,i remember you have a game demo with a medieval castle and attacking skeletons.I wonder if you ever added more levels.
Last edited by Veleran on Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ardentcrest

Post by ardentcrest » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:58 am

Checked all my links and links from here. 99% of them are dead links. I had a drive with a lot of resources on it, but it died years ago.

Allanon

Post by Allanon » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:59 pm

Veleran, I have an old copy of your Dark Crypt game from when I was helping with the scripts. If you need the files just ask.

Veleran

Post by Veleran » Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:27 pm

Thank you very much Allanon!You can upload it for download just in case i never recover what was in the old hard drive.
I know i need at least the script templates and several actors that can be reused.
I saw again a video of the demo i had recorded and uploaded and it did not have enough resolution.
I would like to see a gameplay video of it from someone else except me.If i get the demo back,maybe i capture a new video with descent quality through windows 10 xbox gamebar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUxvGIUhc8o

Veleran

Post by Veleran » Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:29 am

Unfortunately max 2012 with the RF actor .key and .nfo exporter can not install on windows 10,i tried it.
I do not know what other formats newer Max can export for base actor and motions that Equity can read and build actors.If you know,tell me.
I could repair the old pc by replacing the damaged hard drive with new one,and find a small graphic card to put in because i removed it and placed it in the new pc.
I don't think i can afford a new cheap pc to write windows 7 and old programs in it.
And if i can, I would prefer to do all with one pc,instead having a second another just for RF.
I want to add a second internal hard drive and ask if you can install windows 7 to the second disk and log to it or not....would it be too much for the system to switch back and forth between 7 and 10?

I have not tried to import in Blender and check if it can export animations in mot or key formats.Does anyone here export from Blender?
How do you all export base actor meshes and animations to Equity?

Veleran

Post by Veleran » Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:06 pm

I installed GMax with genesis exporters from https://www.maxplugins.de/max4.php?sear ... ort=Author just in case i work again on RF. Max Indie is also good offer at 250 euro a year,but the exporters are outdated.