Re: Who is left here with us at RF?

Post by ardentcrest » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:43 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by ardentcrest on Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
He's a Bot Jim, But not as we know It.

Veleran

Post by Veleran » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:31 pm

I would make a few barrels,wall decor and detail stuff to fill the dungeons i make for rf,but first i have to train myself a Little more as a modeler and put on the net some game characters for advertising.
I work 6-7 monsters together,and when i m done with them i hope i can work more with rf and old style action rpg's,
no nerve breaking experience leveling game play,just strategy and puzzle as i want an heroic fantasy adventure game to be so i play it myself,even if im the only one who plays it.

scott

Post by scott » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:17 am

Hi to all, funny story realy, I check back here every 4 or 5 months as time is short normally and I forget, until today when I get an email, a reply to an old post of mine.

"This topic has received a replysince your last visit"

LOL, when reading this post this email seemed to of got delayed, it was posted back in 2007 XP

Anyway I still ocasionaly come here to see if its still going, I am glad it still is, this was invalubale tools and experience that started me off and partialy got me into university (games experience and knowledge to boost my poor school grades)

I am now coming to the end of uni life and getting excelent grades, so I think a thankyou is in order here, without the knowledge I got here I would not of made it as far as I have.

anyway, if people want to know more of what I been up to I can make a topic here if that is ok (it will be RF unrelated)

I am glad that there is still a community, hopefully when I finish university (2 months time) I will be able to contribute to the community in some way.
*GD*

ericssin

Post by ericssin » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:12 pm

I still check forums once in a while, waiting for RF2 :)

megatop

Post by megatop » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:30 pm

I am still here with rf. my first 3d game engine. I am going to try to brake limits of rf. Unity has been trying to replace rf. Im a little sad about that.

Nighthawk_0973

Post by Nighthawk_0973 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:19 am

I used to use RF and might get back into it sometime. I'm pretty new here considering most of you people posted in this thread at 2010. :D

I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want the Unreal Development Kit but I know it will kill my computer. Starting with the processor.
https://sites.google.com/site/theneverendinguniverse/ <-- Infinite Universe Website. It's a 2D MMORPG I'm releasing into beta near the late summer (I hope :D) note: RF isn't an MMO maker. Not yet anyways.

scott

Post by scott » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:55 am

UDK is awesome being using it for about 2 years almost now, i dont like to mention it around here cos its RF's terf and I remember back in the day people coming to advertise there engine here and there was mini wars going on, I havnt been keeping up with RF cos of it. however i will always remember this place, it helped out a lot and i wouldnt be where I am now without it.
*GD*

megatop

Post by megatop » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:48 am

thats nice i thought you quit scot

Nighthawk_0973

Post by Nighthawk_0973 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:20 am

scott wrote:UDK is awesome being using it for about 2 years almost now, i dont like to mention it around here cos its RF's terf and I remember back in the day people coming to advertise there engine here and there was mini wars going on, I havnt been keeping up with RF cos of it. however i will always remember this place, it helped out a lot and i wouldnt be where I am now without it.
aww... lucky. I need a better computer. :lol:
https://sites.google.com/site/theneverendinguniverse/ <-- Infinite Universe Website. It's a 2D MMORPG I'm releasing into beta near the late summer (I hope :D) note: RF isn't an MMO maker. Not yet anyways.

ardentcrest

Post by ardentcrest » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:58 am

DEAD DEAD DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :(
He's a Bot Jim, But not as we know It.

bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:07 pm

You seem surprised Derek. With all the crying wolf and empty promises that has gone on over the last couple of years & no viable demo to show something is actually happening, people have gone to other engines. NeoAxis, Unity & Unreal being the most popular. Lets face it the members want to be making games now, not waiting for an uncertain number of years for a new engine to build their games on. If ever Rf2 is released members might return, but if they are too far on with their projects on another engine it's doubtful. Of course these other engines are also progressing and becoming more powerful by the month so can RF2 catch up with them now? There is still not even an alpha version. The reason I gave up on GD was because it has no hope of catching up with NeoAxis, which is free and capable of making a game at the present time without any programming. If I had been able to program I would have helped with RF2 but unfortunately I can't program very well at all. I can't help with testing as there is nothing available to test and now I am making a game on NeoAxis anyway.
Personally I will stay here and use RF2 if it is ever released. It is a great shame that this has happened as this was a great comunity and everyone was so helpful. Hopefully it will become the same again one day.

jamieo01

Post by jamieo01 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:28 pm

I still check back nearly every day, hope to continue using RF again soon.

hgt_terry
RF Dev Team

Post by hgt_terry » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:55 pm

Hi

I echo Bernie’s sentiments about the situation personally I carry on with GD and am trying to make the editor as looses as I can so if one day RF2 does come to fruition we can produce some of the scripts in the editor.

I pop in most days to see if anything is going on I have nearly finished the collada file import format for Equity I just need to finish a GD monthly release I missed one over the Christmas period after that I will release the next version of Equity.

So some of us are still around and as Bernie said hope the site picks up in the near future.

Thanks
Terry

Veleran

Post by Veleran » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:18 am

I ll ask scripting help later,and i hope i ll get answer otherwise i d have to use the generic monster.s almost as it is default.
I still do world geometry which takes longer to design because add sub levels to each wall and floor but gameplay and shadows are better.
After that i can go on with modelling,animating the monsters,do better floor textures.
I try not to add to much bsp detail and get more slowed framerate.

Bernie i took a quick look at Neoaxis ,, i saw there are code examples section,are nt all these automatic built in prefabs yet,no...anyway i registered as veleran like always just in case some one else takes the name,although my work is in rf.

bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:36 pm

There are no built in prefabs in NA but they are not needed anyway. Everything is model based as it uses OGRE engine ( you can use models as prefabs by joining them up in the editor ). The beauty of using NA to build a game at this stage is that anything you build in NA can be easily transferred to RF2 ( if it is ever released ) as they use the same render engine ie OGRE. The only difference will be that NA doesn't use scripting. You can modify game the code directly ( written in C# ) to achieve anything you would need scripting for which in my opinion is much better ( I have managed to do some of that even though I can't program very well ). So having said that you you would need to write game scripts when you transfer your game to back to RF2. The point is though, that you can work on your game NOW and get good frame rates with good graphics.