Hello?!

Discuss any other topics here
MakerOfGames

Hello?!

Post by MakerOfGames » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:15 pm

It seems so quiet around here that I can hear an echo :(.
I certainly do miss the old days when this forum was abuzz constantly. It seems that every time I come back for a few days, there are fewer and fewer recent posts. I sure hope RF2 can breath some life back into the community. This is the community that helped nurture my game design skills. I hate to think that it might someday fizzle out.
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Re: Hello?!

Post by paradoxnj » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:41 am

I'm trying...had a little setback but rolling again. I didn't give up.
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....

SV2.0

Post by SV2.0 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:48 am

I've seen it worse than this in the eight years I've been lurking the RF forums. Always bounces back. There's always a demand for this sort of software and while RF hasn't been able to meet that demand in full for some time now, RF2 will surely rise to the challenge.

GMer

Post by GMer » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:14 am

Hello!
I am working on an awesome game! My mind keeps fluttering between ideas like a moth in a room full of lamps, but I found an idea that is simple, to the point and is a tribute to one of my favorite internet shows, Zero Punctuation. Let's keep our fingers crossed shall we? I already have 2 models done (just need a few animations and script tweaks before anything presentable is available).
Over 3 years (has it been that long?) and just now I noticed the day and month of my birthday were switched. Whoops!

Some 2d games I made, haven't made anything in a year though O.o
http://www.yoyogames.com/users/GMer56

zany_001

Post by zany_001 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:18 am

I'm still here, just busy with real life.
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.

AkillezMight

Post by AkillezMight » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:23 pm

As before, WE ARE BORG RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!
Have you ever scripted an enemy pawn that totally owned, that you had to go back into the weapon ini. and create a bigger gun. Just so the fight will be fair? ' ;0

GMer

Post by GMer » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:27 am

AkillezMight wrote:As before, WE ARE BORG RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!
If less than one ohm 8)
Over 3 years (has it been that long?) and just now I noticed the day and month of my birthday were switched. Whoops!

AkillezMight

Post by AkillezMight » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:07 pm

GMer wrote:
AkillezMight wrote:As before, WE ARE BORG RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!
If less than one ohm 8)
Your sarcasm will be assimilated into the borg consciousness. Now that we have complete contol, you will warp to the nearest SUBWAY and order the hive a five dollar foot long. Hold the mayo. :lol:
Have you ever scripted an enemy pawn that totally owned, that you had to go back into the weapon ini. and create a bigger gun. Just so the fight will be fair? ' ;0

GMer

Post by GMer » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:12 pm

AkillezMight wrote: Your sarcasm will be assimilated into the borg consciousness. Now that we have complete contol, you will warp to the nearest SUBWAY and order the hive a five dollar foot long. Hold the mayo. :lol:
The nearest one of those is 10 miles away, and the warp core had an antimatter leak and cracked delithium crystals, so it had to be ejected. Only on impulse engines now.
But if the collective will wait long enough someone will eventually build one within walking distance.

*edited for redundant quotes*

AkillezMight

Post by AkillezMight » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:43 pm

GMer wrote:
The nearest one of those is 10 miles away, and the warp core had an antimatter leak and cracked delithium crystals, so it had to be ejected. Only on impulse engines now.
But if the collective will wait long enough someone will eventually build one within walking distance.

No matter we are Borg. After we annihilate your civilization we shall send a subspace transmission and order Chinese food. :twisted: WTF BOOM! Mwahhahahahahahah! :twisted:

GMer

Post by GMer » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:17 am

AkillezMight wrote: No matter we are Borg. After we annihilate your civilization we shall send a subspace transmission and order Chinese food. :twisted: WTF BOOM! Mwahhahahahahahah! :twisted:
Sounds like fun, mind getting here before the ribbon comes by? Because it sucks in there, especially seeing Kirk having a home life and not kicking galactic hindquarters.

Hmmm, it is rather quiet if AkillezMight and I can rant like this without anyone complaining. I hope that senseless rants like these aren't RF's future.
Hopefully RF2 will change that. :mrgreen:

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:13 pm

I don't think RF2 will cure nerdism. :)
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....

GMer

Post by GMer » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:24 pm

paradoxnj wrote:I don't think RF2 will cure nerdism. :)
Well at least it may get some new blood into the community, so the nerdism will be harder to find, or it will be more prevalent, either way...
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:10 pm

AkillezMight wrote:
GMer wrote:

No matter we are Borg. After we annihilate your civilization we shall send a subspace transmission and order Chinese food. :twisted: WTF BOOM! Mwahhahahahahahah! :twisted:
om nom nom nom nom nom
Herp derp.

MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:31 pm

Nice guys, glad to see there is still some life left here! :)
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.