With less and less people comming here each month, Are we,

1 : flogging a dead horse.
2 : still dreamming of what RF was 5 - 6 years ago
3 : dreamming that Mr P. and RF2 ( with ogre ) will bring us back to life
( remember he is a team of 1, up against teams of 5 or more trying to
create the same thing )

or

4 : are we sad people with no life.

I would love to see RF/RF2 come back to life, but I cant see it happening.

WHAT CAN YOU SEE..........
He's a Bot Jim, But not as we know It.

hgt_terry
RF Dev Team

Re: A DEAD HORSE

Post by hgt_terry » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:10 pm

Ardentcrest

RF is not dead there is a lot of work going on behind the scenes paradoxnj is busy developing RF2 and me and Bernie are developing GameDirector the two projects are very similar and no doubt over time will amalgamate we have just come from two different starting points but I am sure either one will be able to share content from each other.

We have made a point of being able to use RF1 content in GD and I am sure paradoxnj is doing the same Equity allows for RF1 actors with their motions to exported into a format for RF2 and GD Equity is still an active project and will be developed further as RF2 and GD come online. Also there are plans to use existing worlds created in RF1 to be exported in the correct format for both systems so RF1 as far as we are concerned is very much the key focus and alive.

There are other members developing content for the new systems so good on them and rest assured any work created with RF1 we will strive to port across to RF2 and GD.

But and this is the main point it takes time but me Bernie and paradoxnj have been very active and sooner rather than later you will see the results.

Hope that answers your question what we need now is a bit of patients and not negatives.

Thanks
Terry

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:57 pm

Terry is correct. The projects are very similar.

I am working...but slowly. I am working on an editor right now. The goal is just to be able to place stuff in a world, save it and load it right now. Lots of stuff happening...in my case, it's just time that's the issue. Keep in mind that I was out of commission for about 1.5 months due to an emergency appendectomy. There is a crude release of RF2 on the SourceForge site, but you really can't do anything with it.
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....

bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:50 pm

I Agree with what both Terry and paradox have said. There is a development release on GameDirector svn updated roughly 4 week intervals. Again you can't do a lot other than make an outside world and run around it shooting up boxes, barrels and balls etc. We are getting there slowly though. The main aim of GD is to be able to use your RF1 stuff directly as well as integrate with RF2.

ericssin

Post by ericssin » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:01 am

When a working RF2 alpha or beta comes out activity will increase a little and ofcourse after RF2 1 or 0.something release activity will be bigger people is waiting I think, they're just stalking around, like me :D

MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:52 am

Hi all! I just wanted to stop by and see what is happening. I still visit every now and again. I hope the RF community doesn't die. It was the best tool I could have ever imagined to learn how to make video games. I have been mainly active over at the Unity forums, but the truth is, they don't have people like you guy's here. I miss the down to earth kindhearted folks, which is why I still come around every now and again. Long live the RF community!
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.

darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:51 am

I don't mind the low population. It helps achieve my goal of owning 50% of the posts on this forum.
Herp derp.

ardentcrest

Post by ardentcrest » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:01 pm

I wish we could do something like this with RF1/RF2 or GD

http://www.minecraft.net/

Something so simple its great. My kids love it
He's a Bot Jim, But not as we know It.