What Motivates You?

Discuss any other topics here
TheBassinator143

What Motivates You?

Post by TheBassinator143 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:02 am

Whaddup guys!

So just out of curiousity and to get to know you guys a bit more, what drives you to design video games? Is it just a hobby? Do any of you have aspirations to get into game designing as a career?

Personally, for me, I suppose it's both. My hopes are to enter the design industry as a storyline developer, but I figure if I design my own game and familiarize myself with the game creation process, that will look good on my resume. It's also a fun and productive way to spend my time.

What about you guys? :P

Gamemaker

Re: What Motivates You?

Post by Gamemaker » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:52 pm

Well, motivation is my problem... I try to get it by posting screenshots and stuff around here, but it looks like nobody's interested and I get no feedback about my level-design. For now I haven't done anything with my project since new year ... :( . Sometimes I get that feeling like: oh, It's time for some 3D like now. I think I'm gonna resume my project now... But yea, with no motivation.

TheBassinator143

Post by TheBassinator143 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:44 pm

Where can I find your screenshots? And more information on your game? I'll give you some feedback, but keep in mind I'm still an amateur with RF!

Gamemaker

Post by Gamemaker » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:47 am

TheBassinator143

Post by TheBassinator143 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:19 pm

Your game looks pretty cool, I mean I like how you have scripted events like the hostage scene thing. Also, the outdoor level looks pretty cool, but I think it would be more fitting to have the lighting a bit darker if that's possible. It'd give more atmosphere to the game. The only thing is it seems just like a James Bond game, but other than that, im impressed. You did all that yourself?

Gamemaker

Post by Gamemaker » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:51 am

Yes, I did, but my game's kinda gone for now :(

Nighthawk_0973

Post by Nighthawk_0973 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:29 pm

what motivates me... well for me I don't have that much supporters. But when I see people playing their games saying 'Come on, play with us!' but I keep level designing and hope that one day they'll be the ones playing my game, and be glad I had built the game instead of playing with them.

When I see my game get out there, or when I notice that there is a community for the game and that I'm not alone, I'm given a goal: not to let that community down and to do my best to live up to my promises and their expectations.
https://sites.google.com/site/theneverendinguniverse/ <-- Infinite Universe Website. It's a 2D MMORPG I'm releasing into beta near the late summer (I hope :D) note: RF isn't an MMO maker. Not yet anyways.