Tutorial: How to get results when you google your game name

Discuss any other topics here
Nighthawk_0973

Tutorial: How to get results when you google your game name

Post by Nighthawk_0973 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:07 am

Hey guys and I'm not sure if I put this in the right sub-forum but here is a crucial point to gaining popularity: Allowing you to get valid results when you google your game.

Heres how:

First go to sites.google.com and make a new account. Than make a new website. Name it the name of your game, and than set the URL to the name of your game (even if it just makes it longer, this is the only way to do it and get it perfect). Next choose your setting and than make your home page say the name of your game at least once within it, more than one time if you can, you can increase the amount of times the name of your game appears on the page by making a sidebar of some sort so that it displays info like "This is where the countdown of the beta will be when we get a confirmed release date".

:?: "Why are we doing all this?"
A: The reason we are doing this is because when you type in "Alderania Online" in google or any other search engine, it looks for key words inside the websites. So suppose you searched your game name (lets say "Alderania Online") than it would ransack the web for every page that said "Alderania" and "Online" but would put them when they were in the order "Alderania Online" first. Than it would see: ok, which site has a title named "Alderania Online" than it would put that higher on the list, say it found that "Alderania Online" was in the URL name, higher, than it goes on to website pages and sidebars, tidbits of information inside downloads (such as a text file download with "Alderania Online" in it or as its title/description) This is how computers work.

Now go ahead and save the page and google your game, you should get results!
https://sites.google.com/site/theneverendinguniverse/ <-- Infinite Universe Website. It's a 2D MMORPG I'm releasing into beta near the late summer (I hope :D) note: RF isn't an MMO maker. Not yet anyways.