Hello all! How are things?

Discuss any other topics here
MakerOfGames

Hello all! How are things?

Post by MakerOfGames » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:31 am

Hi everyone,

If you don't recognize me you probably have joined since January last year when I started lurking around the Unity3d game engine. I am so attached to these forums I almost feel as if I am cheating on RF :lol:.

I just wanted to stop by and see how things are doing. It seems that AndyCR has been absent for a while, or I missed some posts. Is he still part of this community or did he move on to other projects?

Also, is steven8 still around? There are a handful of other regulars that I just cant seem to remember their sn's for right now. I do see ardentcrest is still around ;). I only see a few names popping up repeatedly and I am rather sad to see this community so far fallen from what it used to be :cry:. Regardless of the user base, whats the status of RF2 and where the heck did everyone go? Did people just leave or did they say where they went?

Speaking of which, I found one of our old users on the Unity forums. Zidane, who was working on SkullCrack: Unleash the Beast has ported his project to Unity. It has certainly come along way.

Also, you may wish to look at this mod I stumbled upon the other day. It's called Cry of Fear and uses the original Gold Source engine from the original half life, but it looks fantastic!
http://www.moddb.com/mods/cry-of-fear
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.

ardentcrest

Re: Hello all! How are things?

Post by ardentcrest » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:44 am

Hi MoG. Nice to see you back.

RF2 has had one small Alpha and Mr P will have another one out in a day or so.

Hopefully with a good beta of RF2 the peeps will start comming back.
He's a Bot Jim, But not as we know It.

Nighthawk_0973

Re: Hello all! How are things?

Post by Nighthawk_0973 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:16 pm

MakerOfGames wrote:If you don't recognize me you probably have joined since January last year when I started lurking around the Unity3d game engine. I am so attached to these forums I almost feel as if I am cheating on RF .
YEah I'm new to the forum, not really getting RF to do what I wan't, getting frustrated moved on to the XW mmo making engine, way better no offense, I'm an RF cheater too. :lol:
https://sites.google.com/site/theneverendinguniverse/ <-- Infinite Universe Website. It's a 2D MMORPG I'm releasing into beta near the late summer (I hope :D) note: RF isn't an MMO maker. Not yet anyways.