Game engines

Discuss any other topics here
megatop

Game engines

Post by megatop » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:55 am

Hi guys I want to find the best engine possible. Anyways I want to make a youtube serious of games engines. Advantages and Disadvantages. So Could I feture Reality Factory? Other Game engines I hope to feture is unity, Game Maker, flash, and so on. Can I have permission? Ill do a bunch of reseach for everything. Would you be interested? Also It would be epic if I could feture the fourms in it to. Thanks -your friend megatop

Nighthawk0973

Re: Game engines

Post by Nighthawk0973 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:38 am

I don't know about featuring (feature not feture XD) reality factory as the best game engine. Sure as sure RF is good. But it's not that good. Also, you should definately feature Unreal Development Kit. Suposing you can run it. Also, if you did feature the forums, what would you feature? The fact that they're practically dead? :lol:

Lastly, try the following MMORPG engines to find out which one is best for 2D MMO dev:

www.mmorpmaker.org <- XtremeWorlds

www.touchofdeathforums.com <- Eclipse

www.openorpg.com <- An Active ORPG Community That Continous to create a large amount of MMORPG engines. You might find the next big orpg engine coming from there. Please note this forum was created when the XW forums where under a series of spam by at least 3 spam bots, almost all the members left.
"Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your SOLDIER honor." -Zack Fair, Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII

megatop

Post by megatop » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:46 am

send me a vid about the mmorg and I might feture that. But the fourm stayed alive for 6 7 years mabey. There realy nice and also the fact in gm3d its makes RF like a twin. They still never gave up after all these years. Also did AndyCR quit?

Nighthawk0973

Post by Nighthawk0973 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:00 am

I can't send you a video. Why don't you actually use the software yourself?
"Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your SOLDIER honor." -Zack Fair, Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII

megatop

Post by megatop » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:28 am

post one on youtube please

Veleran

Post by Veleran » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:19 pm

http://www.sandboxgamemaker.com/

i have nt tried it yet. Supposed to be for kids and not only.
Maybe you could make something with it.

I l take a look at it later when i finish some next gen characters i work on ,trying to get better as a modeler,
as i will i need the hardware acceleration to have many of them at the same time in game on screen,which would be freezing slow in rf,
so maybe i ll set up a forest and place the monster players wandering around killing each other,if i find some template scripts for the npc,dont know yet...

megatop

Post by megatop » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:08 am

if your trying to get better with models I suggest ac3d. I got in to importing models and useing dlls. Gm8 has improved everything for me. Btw they have programs to turn a obj into a d3d built inside it. Ac3d can got an obj. Also many tutorials. blender is good but advance. Be sure to check your surfeces and polygons. :D Also I used that game engine was i was yonger myself. Its cube 2 like minecraft, Anyway not my type but lets see what the viewers think. Anyways lets bring back RF to life. Post your engines here. Also if your making tell me about. Time to make a post. Im starting my research. Also does anyone have anydemos to feture for the viid. Im so exsited. :D See ya soon reply soon have a great day IM SO HAPPY!!!!!!! :D I better go to bed before I pass out. Have a great day or night :D