Framerate

Discuss any other topics here
Veleran

Framerate

Post by Veleran » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:07 pm

I get framerate average 5-7 in the dungeon to intel pentium 4, 2 gb ram,movement could be much smoother.
Another type of level i tried in a forest without solid bsp is slightly better-10frames.
Style is a hack n slash style so,there are enough monsters on screen at the same time.
You might say it is it crawling slow,or if it computer was faster player movement might be smoother.

Since i need new computer to use another engine like newest udk i got to first do some freelance job (whatever i can with max7 since max2011 crashed and need new comp for that),and before that i take some commision i d like to practice a little with monsters and animation and trees,rocks etc modelling-at least i can try set up a forest level with just static entities and clip brushes to see the models running playing animations.

Dont know how better the frame rate will be in dungeon with more optimized actors yet,but if you dont mind the speed i mentioned i can continue the bsp also,specialy now i got new diablo screens frrom blizard webpage to take ideas on geometry design and textures.