A long long time ago in a galaxy far far away...

Discuss any other topics here
ZenBudha

A long long time ago in a galaxy far far away...

Post by ZenBudha » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:39 pm

Just came aroud to see if the engine and everybody was still alive and kicking. Good to see that it is as RF was the only free engine I ever made any progress with. In fact it's better than most cheap engines even.

Even if I never finished a single RF game. I had a lot of fun, learned a lot, and made some pretty interesting levels.
Fear not the textures for the almighty stylus is with thee - Book of Zen

Veleran

Re: A long long time ago in a galaxy far far away...

Post by Veleran » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:15 am

Really long time Zenbudha,i hope you are doing well.Thank you for reminding the good old glory days.
I still check for good easy and free game engines.ussualy ,the indie licence ones of 100$ are too restricted,their forums are kind of empty or they just do not have enough demos and videos.
Cryengine i heard is heavy to mod so i dont think i will use it,then is udk,for which i got all the tutorials but have nt started watching them yet,in case i find a lighter engine.
Anyway,i have nt finished a game with any engine.

Agentbromsnor

Post by Agentbromsnor » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:50 pm

I have UDK on my harddrive. Its an amazing looking engine, and I really enjoy the WYSIWYG-interface in the editor, which a lot of modern engines go for these days. That said, I could only edit and run UDK when I turned off most of the shaders, and other bells and whistles. Untill I get a NASA PC, I think I'm gonna stick to a lighter engine that doesn't eat up quite as much resources. :P

I've spend some time looking for free engines at sites like ModDB, but I don't think there's any other engine that is free to license like RF / Genesis 3D. Well, you can still simulate some good looking 3D effects in RF.

Juutis

Post by Juutis » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:25 pm

Talk about a blast from the past! Nice to see you again, Zenbudha. I have no idea if you even remember me, but I sure remember you. Oh, the nostalgia. :)

I'm not even gonna try to contribute - just stopping by to say hi.
Pain is only psychological.