Where is everyone?

Discuss any other topics here
zany_001

Re: Where is everyone?

Post by zany_001 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:59 pm

Hi guys, seems this thread has turned into an "updates about our lives" thread so here goes.

I'm now studying computer science full time (same as me ole buddy darksmaster, we're both still friends which is cool), and play far too much StarCraft Brood War for my own good. Of course, I've ended up making SCBW maps almost as much as I actually play them hehe, got that game development blood still in me. I'm also somewhat working on a MOBA-style StarCraft II map (think DotA/League of Legends) called Temple Siege 2, although recently I've barely had time to work on it at all. I've strongly considered starting development on a mobile or cross-platform RPG with a group of friends, and that may be my next big project. I still have fond memories of this place but I don't think it's worth my trying to bring those days back by working on RF2 and being active and so on; I prefer to keep the memories golden rather than keep kicking a dead horse, as it were. Good to see lots of you old farts still kicking around!
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.

ardentcrest

Post by ardentcrest » Tue May 07, 2013 9:11 pm

I'm not dead yet. Now have 5 kids, the little one is now a year old.
He's a Bot Jim, But not as we know It.

jonas

Post by jonas » Wed May 08, 2013 12:39 am

I see i'm not the only one that checks back occasionally on the 'ol RF community.

Seems like its turned into more of a walk down memory lane.

Glad to see that some of you guys are still around.
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack

steven8

Post by steven8 » Thu May 09, 2013 6:56 am

My son Steve likes to build levels in RF. Yesterday I showed him how make his own TXL file. The boys play all the newest, fanciest games, but they find it just as exciting making their own stuff in systems like RF and Retribution Engine.
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!

ardentcrest

Post by ardentcrest » Thu May 09, 2013 9:13 am

if we could get people to start making demos and games again with RF, we could become a retro engine :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
He's a Bot Jim, But not as we know It.

steven8

Post by steven8 » Fri May 10, 2013 1:12 am

Just like bell bottoms, RF will be resurrected again!! :mrgreen:
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!

hgt_terry
RF Dev Team

Post by hgt_terry » Fri May 10, 2013 1:18 am

Hi Folks

Well we still work behind the scenes as such working on new Equity and Bernie helps when he can.

So who knows but its a Great Engine.

Terry